Swarovski 85mm or 95mm Objective?

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
I'm planning to upgrade my spotter to a Swaro this season and I'm stuck between the 85mm or 95mm objectives. 95mm seems like it may be a bit larger than I want to pack into the mountains. Arguments for the 85 or 95?

If you go 85 might as well go 95! Price and weight difference isn’t much and you gain a ton of light gathering.

I have both for my BTX and ATX. If I had to just pick one it would be the 85 due to the size and weight in the pack. I don't think you give up much as far as light gathering maybe the first and last 15 minutes or so. The 95 is big! I had the 65 for a month and sold it.

What spotter are you using now? I wouldn't overlook the Kowa 88 if I were you either.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You’ll get more zoom out of the 95, the 85 has the same zoom level as the 65. I have the 65 with 1.7x extender. It’s good for light weight and it packs up nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still haul the 95 up high on my trips scouting and may do so on a few hunts as well. The 65 will see action during the hunting season too though. I skipped over the 85 and don't regret it, the 95 &65 compliment each other well.

Go 95mm!

I got one start of this year and have used it all this season for everything, from day hunts to week/10 day hunts.
Do not regret it at all.
My guide has a 65mm and its night and day when they are beside each other, even next to the 85mm there is noticeable difference.

If you want a big scope, you might as well have the biggest!

I have no experience with the 65 or 85 but I have the 95mm for my BTX and I love the viewing experience I get every time I use it. It’s a little big and does take up a lot of pack room but definitely worth the weight and space when you consider the viewing bliss it provides

I have a 95 and had an 85. The 95’s performance is stunning ! If you’re hunting something you need to really see the 95 is definitely in a class by itself. I’ll lug it regardless because it’s such a pleasure to use. It is a beast though. Thing to understand is that the extra 10 mm diameter doesn’t sound like much but in surface area to collect light it’s 5674 mm vs 7088 mm.

I got both the 65 and 95. For backpack hunting I dont want anything bigger than the 65. For truck or ATV hunting I take the 95. With having those two there is no reason to have the 85. Fatrascal.

It’s a 20 oz difference between the 95 and the 65, only 8.5 between the 95 and 85. I’ve been hemming and hawing about a new spotter with two objectives in 65 and 95 and I believe I’ve convinced myself an extra pound and a quarter in the grand scheme of things is not going to hurt me one bit. Go big or go home! :D

Back