Swaro ATC/STC Model Preference and Pricing

Howdy y’all. Finally decided on pulling the trigger on a Swaro ATC/STC but need y’all’s help first. I’m leaning towards the ATC due to ease of use but the STC seems nice because you get a more streamlined storage option in your pack. If I’m using a digiscope, does the angled spotter become irrelevant or is still more comfortable? Other advantages/disadvantages besides comfort? I’ve only had an angled spotter prior so not sure what everyone’s opinion is.

Also, gonna start calling around for pricing. For those that have called around to multiple shops, who gave you your best price recently?

I own both. For spotting I prefer a straight spotter, so that’s one for the STC. For digiscoping, which I do a lot, I prefer the ATC. You will love either one - no bad choice between the two.

OP
Fever Buck
I own both. For spotting I prefer a straight spotter, so that’s one for the STC. For digiscoping, which I do a lot, I prefer the ATC. You will love either one - no bad choice between the two.
Thanks for the input. What do you prefer about the straight?

WoodBow

WKR
There is a new review of the ATC on the rokslide main page. It points out that the eye piece does not rotate around like it does on larger angled scopes. For me that takes away a lot of the advantages of going with angled over straight.

Jacob,
I've used straight spotters since the mid-70's. For me, locating an animal in the spotter after having found it with binoculars is easier with a straight spotter. Sort of like sighting down an arrow shaft or pointing your finger at an object, I can "aim" the straight spotter at the general area whereas the angled spotter requires me to look down instead of "at" the animal. Not a big deal but it's what I've grown accustomed to. Maybe habit, who knows?

OP
Fever Buck
I have an ATC and use an Outdoorsman's pistol grip mount. With that, I can 'rotate' the scope if desired.
Yep. I have seen that some manufacturers have added it. Just wish I knew what choice to make. It’s a big investment and I’m definitely dealing with paralysis by analysis.

Personal preference between the two, target acquisition is definitely better with the straight scope. Angled gives you more comfort in steeper terrain so you’re not cranking your neck. Also you can rotate an angle which is an advantage. This is an age old debate, I’d say whatever you decide you can’t go wrong on.

OP
Fever Buck
Personal preference between the two, target acquisition is definitely better with the straight scope. Angled gives you more comfort in steeper terrain so you’re not cranking your neck. Also you can rotate an angle which is an advantage. This is an age old debate, I’d say whatever you decide you can’t go wrong on.
Thanks man.

wyosteve

WKR
Pick one and try it. At least with Swarovski you can get most of your money back if you want to sell and try another version.

OP
Fever Buck
Alright, think I’m going to go with the STC. Hopefully it’s the right choice. Thanks for the help fellas.

Unoboats

WKR
Classified Approved
Jacob,
I've used straight spotters since the mid-70's. For me, locating an animal in the spotter after having found it with binoculars is easier with a straight spotter. Sort of like sighting down an arrow shaft or pointing your finger at an object, I can "aim" the straight spotter at the general area whereas the angled spotter requires me to look down instead of "at" the animal. Not a big deal but it's what I've grown accustomed to. Maybe habit, who knows?
Put your spotters back to min magnification on either and it’s easier to pick up object looking at from the Binos. Wider field of view