Suunto Core

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
I've decided to get a Suunto Core watch but there are so many different configurations available.

I guess my biggest question is what are your experiences with the regular LCD display and the Black LCD. The Black looks cool but may not be as easy to read as the regular and since I am not planning any "Black OPs" with it I'd like to hear experiences.

Also would like to hear any knocks you have on the watch.

Thanks

G Posik

WKR
I have the blacked out face and have no problems reading it day or night. Just not a fan of the regular LCD display so went with the black. Have had this watch for about 4 years and not troubles so far.

Glenn

Cody9228

FNG
No personal experience but my best friend takes his with us every year when hunting and the only thing I hear him complain about is the battery life being to short.

strawman

Lil-Rokslider
I also have the black face. Love it. Never had any problems reading it and have never had any issues with it. I have the all black military version and the only knock is that the black paint on the bezel is starting to wear off. I attribute this to wearing a patagonia R1 hoody that has fairly tight fitting long sleeves almost daily.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I have the standard display, and my only trouble with it is that the plastic casing melts away easy when exposed to deet.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love my suunto core! I upgraded from vector, I recommend all suunto products. No complaints here other than whenever I look down it seems like I hit it on altitude mode. No biggie

OP
drthornton

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
Bought 1 tonight...decided to go with the normal LCD. Will post any of my findings. Thanks

Jarom974

FNG
Just bought one myself. Love it so far. Love the storm warning feature. I went with th regular display instead of the all blk. Personal preference.

Vandal 44

WKR
I have the Suunto Vector HR all black and have had no issues. I feel Suunto watches are the best made watches for the back country.

OP
drthornton

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Suunto...no regrets on the purchase at all. I like it much better than other triple sensor type watches like the Casio Pathfinder which I did own until it crapped out and was gonna cost as much to fix it as getting a new one online.

bowuntr

WKR
Pretty happy with it so far. Took me a while to figure the functions out.... can't wait to make the altimeter read over 10,000... 11 more days. Ed F