Suppressor Preferences

RedRidge

WKR
Did some searching on here, but what is the go to .223 suppressor right now? Scythe TI?

Tikka and Encore host.

Same question for a 7-08 understanding it might be the same one. Thanks

I have yet to find a reason to get a separate suppressor for .22 and 6mm+ calibers. Just get one for a .30 caliber and if you just have to have the extra 1.5 dB of suppression on your .223, get a .223 end cap for when you use it on the .223.

As far as recommendations, I prefer the Scythe, the Nomad 30, the Harvester EVO (budget friendly), and the AB Raptor 8 with the reflex.

Lots of good 3d printed 223 cans coming out if you want a 223 specific one. I just got a CAT WB, cobalt kenetics scrambler and have a mercy minerva TI on the way. Gonna shoot those first 2 today on gas guns today but will also see how they do on my 22cm this tuesday. Even tho theyre flow through's designed for gas guns, I bet they'll still perform well on bolt guns. Any of the suggestions above with a 556 endcap work well, the Diligent Defense wolf hunter has been my favorite traditional welded one on my 22cm so far

wesfromky

WKR
It depends a bit on the length of the can - longer cans there is less difference shooting smaller diameter bullets. Shorter cans matching the bore gives you notably better performance.

From what I have read - I would not buy a flow through can for a bolt action - they are louder than a traditional can, but the less gas to the face and less port pop makes them worthwhile on an AR.

The wolf hunter looks like it would be a pretty good dedicated .223, or OCL and TB make 6.5 bore cans. For .30, there are a ton of good options - just pick your length and see what is in stock.

Yotey250

FNG
Just put a dedicated Suppressor on my AR it’s a YHM fat cat. It’s chunky but short and serves its purpose well. First outing with it scored a double on two coyotes.

My buddys 10.5" AR has his hub mount carbon locked on it so we couldn't try out the scrambler yesterday, I didn't bring mine i brought too much other stuff. We did try the CAT white bread on it and its crazy good, best can I've heard on one and its so small and light, no gas to the face either. Way quieter than the dead air nomad with 556 endcap my buddy has been using on it. Not uncomfortable shooting without ear pro, with the nomad you absolutely need ear pro. Highly recommend. Honorable mention, that lever gun is so quiet with 38 special it literally sounds like a bb gun lol

Attachments

• IMG_20240614_222225.jpg
    IMG_20240614_222225.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240614_222604.jpg
    20240614_222604.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 24

SloppyJ

WKR
I second the wolfhunter recommendation. I just got mine in and tested it. Wow.

I have a Scythe at the UPS store I need to go sign for so I can test them against each other but I'd put $100 on the wolfhunter.

If it's your first and you have other rifles in 7mm or 30cal that can accept a can, get a 30cal suppressor. This won't be your only suppressor, I promise that.

If you have a good selection of .22 and 6mm rifles that can accept a suppressor then by all means get the wolfhunter. Better yet, get the wolfhunter and an Enticer L or STi for close to the same cost as the scythe.

SloppyJ

WKR
I want a dd wolf hunter for 22 and 6mm cal rifles.
Got mine in a couple weeks back. Do yourself a favor and order the next one that you find in stock. Amazing can. Stupid on a .223. Haven't tested on 6mm yet but my 6creed barrel is waiting at the house when I make it back home.

Got mine in a couple weeks back. Do yourself a favor and order the next one that you find in stock. Amazing can. Stupid on a .223. Haven't tested on 6mm yet but my 6creed barrel is waiting at the house when I make it back home.
I want one but won’t be buying anytime soon because then I’d have an ultra 7 go nearly unused. So I have more pressing wants.

SloppyJ

WKR
I want one but won’t be buying anytime soon because then I’d have an ultra 7 go nearly unused. So I have more pressing wants.
Sounds like a great excuse to start piecing together another build! Just playing, I know how it goes.