Suppressor brakes

WKR

WKR
Has anyone done any extensive testing on the various front cap brakes? I'm talking about the silencerco anchor, DA e-brake, Tbac RR type brakes, not the muzzle QD attachment types.

On the cans I have that came with brakes, I usually remove them and replace with a titanium flat front cap because I want my cans in the lightest and shortest configuration. I'm just wondering if I'm missing anything with the possible recoil reduction. I have been of the belief that the little brake on the end of a can just doesn't do much because of the longer recoil impulse associated with silencers, but looking at the numbers published by tbac on their RR line, it looks impressive. I dont know how much of that is just marketing though.

I will do some of my own testing with my scythe and the new nomad xc if I can find an e brake for it but I don't see myself using something in the field that adds additional length and weight unless its a really heavy recoiling magnum and there is an actual benefit to the brakes.

khuber84

WKR
Today I was shooting a scythe ti with 3 port anchor brake, attached to a 6prc. Was also shooting a similar weight 6cm with an enticer Sti. The recoil felt near identical. The 6cm sending 108s at 2850, the prc 115s at 3000, the integrated brake makes a difference, in my experience.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I have the scythe and shot it with and without brake. Also have LTi I’ve shot with brake and without. DDSTi with and without ebrake as well. Lastly omega 300 with and without.

In my experience noise goes up a tad and recoil goes down a tad. Not enough to sway me either way really.

I hunt without them and practice/shoot comps with them.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Do you guys see any poi shifts when switching between flat front and brake?