Supplements for Inflammation

Has anyone implemented a supplement routine that they feel has helped battle inflammation? I have had a back issue that I cannot shake. I’m doing lots of work to get past it, but the littlest things seem to set my lower back (QL) on fire. I’ve read lots of good stuff on fish oil, and one of the chiros I have seen suggested magnesium.

Doesn’t have to be back pain related, but I am interested to hear if anyone else has found something that they feel has a real impact.

Fish oil supplements are great for overall health. Costco has a great one. My back issues have disappeared since I started religiously taking it and really focusing on my core strength. I do ab/core workouts at least 3 times per week. Back issues are pretty much non existent now. I also cut way back on beer consumption which causes inflammation also.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Stretching and yoga, as gay is it is, is the way. Core strength training really helps lower back. Plyometric exercises twice a week helps my bad joints, paired with lots of stretching.

Plant based protein powder, almond milk, fish oil, and turmeric as a daily or twice daily protein shake seems to really help my joints as well.

The garden of life brand protein powder digests really well for me compared to traditional and whey heavy proteins. My joints don’t get anywhere near as inflamed with this protein either.

Find a Chinese supplement guy/gal. Myself and my family have been down this road for nearly 3 decades. We spend more on supplements and we do on doctors, but it still comes down to what you put in your body.

fmyth

WKR
I've been takeing 2 Tumeric Curcumin capsules a day for a few years and feel like it has helped with my arthritic knees.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-08-11 at 3.40.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-08-11 at 3.40.12 PM.png
    460.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Poser

WKR
Fish oil. Don’t buy the cheap stuff. All of the omega 3 content should come from fish oil.

Turmeric. Needs to be taken with a fat source and black pepper for absorption. You can find supplements that contain all 3. You can also take a bite of the root itself, eat a black pepper kernal and have a sip of olive oil, butter or MCT oil.

Boswellia Extract

Cut out the sugar, stop drinking and reduce your processed carb intake and you’ll likley out do anything supplements can accomplish. That being said, I take all 3 listed here.

Magnesium Glycinate is probably the form of magnesium you’ll want. Almost every one is deficient, but there are 7 different types of magnesium.

Ryan Lampers has a supplement regime that he swears by. Have you looked into that? just going off memory, something like fish oil, Turmeric, CBD and some other things.

ThorM465

WKR
Classified Approved
Carnivore diet. I'm not trying to be that guy, but nothing compares. I've tried them all and nothing has worked like getting the processed sugar out of my system. I'm knee pain free for the first time in about 20 years.

Some folks swear by earthing/grounding for inflammation relief. It might be complete bunk, but the supposed mechanism of action (brings your body into electrical equilibrium with the earth) seems plausible and there's no risk to trying it.

Sled

WKR
Teaspoon of olive oil and lemon juice daily helps. You can also make a castor oil salve and rub over the area.

03mossy

WKR
Carnivore diet. I'm not trying to be that guy, but nothing compares. I've tried them all and nothing has worked like getting the processed sugar out of my system. I'm knee pain free for the first time in about 20 years.
100%. I’ve lived a nightmare when it comes to my back the past 2+ years. Completely cutting sugar and carbs by going carnivore has been a game changer. When I do have carbs or sugar by having a few beers or some ice cream my back makes me pay for it the next couple days.

Cut out the sugar, stop drinking and reduce your processed carb intake and you’ll likley out do anything supplements can accomplish. That being said, I take all 3 listed here.

This right here. I've been battling inflammation for years and the biggest prevention is decreasing or cutting out all processed added sugar, reducing processed carbs like bread/pasta, reducing alcohol, and dairy. And occasionally fasting.

I recently started taking a very high quality tumeric/black pepper capsule and fish oil, about a month ago, and i haven't noticed a bit of difference. If I skip beer for 3 days and don't eat sugary snacks at night, I'm feeling incredible by the third day and have almost no joint pain (currently my biggest battle is knees)

Eat cleaner. That alone will do wonders.

Stretching and yoga, as gay is it is, is the way. Core strength training really helps lower back. Plyometric exercises twice a week helps my bad joints, paired with lots of stretching.

Plant based protein powder, almond milk, fish oil, and turmeric as a daily or twice daily protein shake seems to really help my joints as well.

The garden of life brand protein powder digests really well for me compared to traditional and whey heavy proteins. My joints don’t get anywhere near as inflamed with this protein either.
I wouldn't take any of that plant based crap. To many unnatural things and anything with high soy can be high in estrogen.

Poser

WKR
I wouldn't take any of that plant based crap. To many unnatural things and anything with high soy can be high in estrogen.
Yeah, I believe that Pea Protein powder is supposed to be absolutely terrible for inflammation and arthritis, possibly the worst form of protein supplement one can ingest if looking to avoid inflammation.