Super tuning

RYBOWS

FNG
Alright, what’s everyone opinion!

I went from VXR 28 to the Phase 4 29, I tune my bows, I had the VXR dialed in. I can’t say the same for the Phase 4. I’ve gone over everything, center shot is lined up, nock point is in the right spot, cam timing is spot on, arrow spine is right. I can’t get a bullet hole paper tuning. With everything lined up I have a pretty decent nock low tear, I know i can lower the rest or raise the nock point however the arrow is not level, so my question, does anyone have any other tips for tuning or, what would you rather sacrifice arrow level to get bullet hole or keep low tear and arrow level? (Arrows have been flying good so far)

First I would confirm that ATA, draw weight, and brace height are at/near spec and make sure both limb bolts are in the same position. Then if bareshafts give the same indication as paper (i.e., bareshafts hit above fletched shafts), I would lower the rest a bit. Arrow running level through the Berger hole is just a starting point; it's not uncommon for a bow to tune with the arrow a little off level.

PMcGee

WKR
Lower the rest a little. The arrow doesn’t have to be perfectly level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't worry about a level or a nock high arrow. They tune where they tune. On a Mathews SW I set the loop dead between the cams, nock offset a little high within the loop. Move the rest rather than the nocking point.

OR Archer

WKR
If you’re running a cable driven rest have a 1/16-1/8” knock height is common. For limb it’s level to 1/16”.
Also are you verifying your timing is on using a draw board or the timing holes on the cams? If it’s the latter you need to do it in a draw board. Those timing holes are ballpark.

Also there’s no such thing as “super tune”. It’s tuned or it’s not. Sorry that term is just a pet peeve of mine haha

OP
RYBOWS

RYBOWS

FNG
I appreciate the advise all, I was able to get bullet holes when I lowered the rest. I didn't bareshaft tune because I'm running the same arrows I had with VXR. I am checking my cam timing from a draw board. I understand there's no super tune, it is just a title for the thread.

Thanks all!

I appreciate the advise all, I was able to get bullet holes when I lowered the rest. I didn't bareshaft tune because I'm running the same arrows I had with VXR. I am checking my cam timing from a draw board. I understand there's no super tune, it is just a title for the thread.

Thanks all!

Using the same arrows on this bow versus another has no baring on the tuning. That's bow specific, not arrow.

Paper tune is a rough starting point.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I don't do any paper tuning. I set the bow up and then shoot bare shafts vs fletched to get everything close, and then switch to fixed blade BH tuning at 60 yards until BH's and FP's are consistently together. That may include rest adjustments, yoke adjustments, and even cable adjustments. If no yokes, then perhaps cam shimming. But you do what you gotta do to make the bow do what you want it to do.