Sunglasses while Hunting?

Stwrt9

WKR
I always have them with me. mostly for hiking around. But when it comes to actual hunting situations I feel that I don't like to have them on.

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
I always take them with me but rarely wear them. If I'm sitting still for a bit I might throw them on, but I have too much trouble fogging them and getting all sweaty if I hike with them.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I always take them, use them on and off. I chose a brownish tinted lens. I once read a really good article on how to choose the right lens for various activities, sadly can't find it, but based on that I ordered a brownish tinted lens for outdoor use.

WJS23

WKR
Sun never sets on a badass buddy.... I will wear them depending on how dark the lenses are I have a set of the Oakley’s that have the HD lens and they are awesome

seawolfxix

Lil-Rokslider
I wear glasses because I hate contacts, so I always have two pairs of prescription “sunglasses” with me: one with clear lenses and the other with tinted lenses, but never mirrored. The tinted lenses are usually brown.

I wear/take glass with me for any hunting. Although I dont wear them hunting ducks or Swans they are great for the boat ride to and from the blind. They came in really handy packing out an elk midday in WY..but down here in Pine Platation USA you need them year round so I am kinda conditioned to take care of them and I always keep a back up pair in my truck.

I don’t go anywhere sunny without my Native shades. They do not have mirrored lenses. They do come off when there is action. Anything to reduce my overall eye fatigue during a hunt is a good thing in my book.

ahlgringo

WKR
Late season in the snow for sure. Almost went snow blind one time, the corneal irritation for days afterword was halacious. Never forget them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like sunglasses and can’t hardly be outside without them as my eyes are so sensitive to the light. Don’t think I’d go with mirrored green though

Related, but not helpful:
Has anyone looked into Leupolds new shades? Seems like just another pair of high end sunglasses for no reason

My buddy sent those to me and I just thought why would anyone.. then I remembered the guys with all the brand stickers on their trucks, gun cases, suitcases and thought yepp

Related, but not helpful:
Has anyone looked into Leupolds new shades? Seems like just another pair of high end sunglasses for no reason

My buddy sent those to me and I just thought why would anyone.. then I remembered the guys with all the brand stickers on their trucks, gun cases, suitcases and thought Yepp

Jimss

WKR
I wear prescription sunglasses all the time in Colo, Wyo, and even Alaska while scouting and hunting. They cut glare and I can see a lot better. I wear the same pair for fishing. I like lighter colored shades because I can see better close to sunrise and sunset when glare is often a problem and it's starting to get a little darker outside. With that said, I hate glassing through glasses/sunglasses with binos and spotter. I use croakies when glassing.

Alegault

Lil-Rokslider
Cheapest non-reflective lightest pair I can find on some croakies. Rather have them for hiking into the sun, snow, etc than not have em and be hurting.

keffertz

FNG
I think I've brought sunglasses into the field twice and I lost both pairs.... so no more sunglasses for me. I obviously run them when fishing