Summer Olympics?

BBob

WKR
It’s DSD and the Semenya deal all over again. Semenya has the “coochie” but also reportedly has testicles (un-descended) which is common in many DSD individuals. Regardless she had male levels of testosterone during development into an adult and beyond. That is until they forced her to take drugs to reduce that testosterone as an adult to be able to compete. Yeah complicated and what do you do? Is it fair? Probably not fair to either party so again what do you do?

Beendare

WKR
I love the olympics...the track and field, Volleyball....gymnastics....who would have thought 4'8" Simone Biles would hit 11' 6" on her floor exercise jumps?

A friend from HS's daughter is on the women's Water Polo team- scored a couple goals yesterday....they have a shot.

wyogoat

WKR
The road race (cycling) on Saturday is worth a watch too. You can fast forward to the last hour if you aren’t into early race tactics but a great race and Jorgenson from Boise rode a solid race.
Edited to add an American female just won the road race gold.

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
The road race (cycling) on Saturday is worth a watch too. You can fast forward to the last hour if you aren’t into early race tactics but a great race and Jorgenson from Boise rode a solid race.
Edited to add an American female just won the road race gold.
The woman’s road race was badass. The more I watch the more I’m getting into the Olympics.

Yoder

WKR
So what's the point of this thread? Everyone just queues up to be negative and shit on other peoples fun? Lighten up.
Sorry, we get a little testy when they mock our God. I also don't support women getting beat until they cry by men.

Sorry, we get a little testy when they mock our God. I also don't support women getting beat until they cry by men.
Do you always boycott something that References the Last Supper or is it just this time?

As far as the boxing thing goes, that’s been beat to death, pun intended. The boxer in question is not a man and their opponents didn’t get “beat until they cry”- all we know is that she is anatomically female but has Some sort of chromosomal anomaly, and that ONE of her opponents cried after stopping the fight 45 seconds in (watch the fight, barely any hard hits are landed). You can argue that she has an unfair advantage (especially if the anomaly is an XY chromosome, which one former IBA official claimed), but she’s not a man.

On a different note, the track events have been a ton of fun to watch, and the men’s final in archery was crazy close, USA almost beat S Korea

mcr-85

WKR
Wrestling starts today. I am looking forward to watching these matches all week.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240803_202313_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240803_202313_Chrome.jpg
    559.3 KB · Views: 5

CorbLand

WKR
Girl I went to high school with was in the Olympics this year. She was kind of a cocky stuck up individual and noticed that she didnt do very well. While it sucks for her, it kind of made me chuckle.