Summer Olympics?

I haven’t been able to watch much. Busy and just not worth going out of my way. BUT I read about this Turkish shooter this morning and I’m a BIG fan. All the other shooters are decked in spy gear and uniforms with goofy stances and this guy just rolls in with LensCrafters, no muffs, and his hand in his pocket and wins silver.

It’s kinda how I feel here at times. We got guys doing bullet ABCs and calculus, have spreadsheets with their gear lists to the tenth ounce, new rifles every year, a camo kit worth $3k, forking out cash for training programs, etc. This is the guy that just shows up to the trailhead and wipes the pizza crumbs from his shirt, puts on the boots he busts out twice a year, and hikes up the mountain with his 270 and whatever ammo was in stock and always punches his tag. Poetry in motion.
IMG_8928.jpeg

Geewhiz

WKR
I haven’t been able to watch much. Busy and just not worth going out of my way. BUT I read about this Turkish shooter this morning and I’m a BIG fan. All the other shooters are decked in spy gear and uniforms with goofy stances and this guy just rolls in with LensCrafters, no muffs, and his hand in his pocket and wins silver.

It’s kinda how I feel here at times. We got guys doing bullet ABCs and calculus, have spreadsheets with their gear lists to the tenth ounce, new rifles every year, a camo kit worth $3k, forking out cash for training programs, etc. This is the guy that just shows up to the trailhead and wipes the pizza crumbs from his shirt, puts on the boots he busts out twice a year, and hikes up the mountain with his 270 and whatever ammo was in stock and always punches his tag. Poetry in motion.
View attachment 744263
What are they shooting? Are they air guns or powder driven projectiles?

Mike 338

WKR
So what's the point of this thread? Everyone just queues up to be negative and shit on other peoples fun? Lighten up.
Ahhh, two questions and a statement:

1. To poll who's watching.
2. Not really a question but there's a question mark. Anyway, to this point, the thread seems very civil.
3. A statement... if it got any lighter, I'd make a pillow out of it.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I was out to lunch with my wife today. the restaurant had it on the TV, I didn't watch it even though it was on. I could give a rats ass about it.

Last edited:

wyogoat

WKR
I’ve watched quite a bit. The Peacock coverage is on demand and worth the 9.99 a month to cancel and watch what you want at the end.
I’m a competitive cyclist and the bike racing has been good. The TT was a good race. The mtb race was great and an American female got silver which is the best result of an American female cyclist since Georgia Gould got bronze which ironically is @GSPHUNTER ‘s typo. An American male from Durango got 5th in the men’s mtb race. Definitely worth watching that one…

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I’ve watched quite a bit. The Peacock coverage is on demand and worth the 9.99 a month to cancel and watch what you want at the end.
I’m a competitive cyclist and the bike racing has been good. The TT was a good race. The mtb race was great and an American female got silver which is the best result of an American female cyclist since Georgia Gould got bronze which ironically is @GSPHUNTER ‘s typo. An American male from Durango got 5th in the men’s mtb race. Definitely worth watching that one…

These people make me understand just how slow I am on a bike and in the pool.

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
The ping pong match yesterday between Egypt and Kazakhstan was awesome.

Been watching replays of archery, beach volleyball and a couple other events in the evenings on Hulu. Lots of them I just don't understand the rules so have no interest in watching.

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
I was out to lunch with my wife today. the restaurant had it on the TV, I didn't watch it even though it was on. I Gould give a rats ass about it.
Yeah, I probably give a horse's ass about it myself. Well, maybe not a horse, probably a donkey or mule's ass. Well, as far as women's beach volleyball, much more than a horses ass.

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR

View attachment 744263
Extreme raw talent trumps lots of accessories, some times. I'm a terrible shot and a poor hunter, that lives in the suburbs, hundreds, sometimes thousands of miles from my hunting grounds, so I need my spreadsheets of gear, so I don't forget something and have to drive a thousand miles home. It's hard for me to practice enough, so the technology helps bridge the gap. Plus I need all the help I can get!! The guy in the white shirt is an extremely rare, extremely gifted guy. The guys obsessing over bullets, buying new guns, and updating their gear every year are OCD, it's probably not fun, but it's probably hard to stop. I'm envious of the local guy driving to the trailhead, wipping off the pizza crust and heading out with his grandpa's 270. His dad and grandpa probably taught him how to hunt and more importantly off that trailhead. He will be more successful than the guys traveling hundreds of miles and the OCD gear guys. I envy the "pizza crumb" hunter!

I watch on peacock each night for about an hour, it’s ok. I loved them as a kid, now I have so much access to dopamine inducing new content every day that it’s less of a deal compared to when we had 8 channels and the same old crap all the time.

Go USA