Summer House/Winter House

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
We were never going to be rich enough to live the two house lifestyle. I'm sure some folks here do. We decided to split the difference and ended up in Show Low AZ area.
So if you could within reason....like $2-3M, where would you retire to?
My dream? Summer.... Oregon coast or Cody WY. Winter..... Zihuatanejo MX or Hawaii.

I think I might wind up back in the Midwest for the grouse and deer hunting and affordable housing...and then add on a very nice 4 season class b van to roam around in as the other house.

If I win the lottery though? CO for elk and deer and snow sports.
Midwest for grouse and pheasant.
That Oregon coast looks awesome, might need to visit sometime.

WKR
Pick one nice place to live year round. You can travel.
This is my near future plan. I have 2 in high school at the moment so a full snow bird lifestyle isn't possible yet. Depending on where they go to college and settle, I'd like to be relatively close, if possible, and then travel from there. While I'd love to bounce from the Rockies to the Keys in terms of pure self centered lifestyle, being near my kids as much as that's possible in the future is even more exciting.

Having said that, they'll probably end up in some terrible places on opposite sides of the country...

WCB

WKR
No desire to "winter" anywhere. Especially Mexico or HI, Florida...etc. I don't waste my time golfing or sitting around drinking. I never got it...maintain and worry about 2 places no thanks. Could just travel wherever when ever.

Mojave

WKR
World is turning into a shitshow with immigration. Same here in Europe.

$1-3 million small town Wyoming not in my Riverton home town. It is still better than anything in New Mexico or Arizona.

Croatia and Svalbard here in Europe. If I was 20 years younger and not worried about health issues.

Wyoming, Montana, Western ND, Western SD buy the biggest place I could afford that had some land to hunt on it.

This is basically the same question everyone ask all the time in a different format.