Suggestions on Best Rig for CO's Elk Muzzleloader Season

WRM

WKR
So basically "we don't know our regulations so we'll let each CO make up the rules based on how they feel about it". They should be embarrassed by that response.

Which is exactly what I said. It's typical.

You are expecting these folks to even know exactly what you are talking about. They don't. I doubt Athena Gerardo knows a lot about MLs.

That response is by definition illegal....officers are not judges, and the response violates equal protection under the law.

WRM

WKR
That response is by definition illegal....officers are not judges, and the response violates equal protection under the law.

Tell it to the judge--when you have to come back multiple times over the next few months to deal with it. But, hey, you'll get some scouting in. Which you may or may not get to use if you get a conviction.

You can't argue with an officer who has "clicked his pen".

I bought my cva accura v2 in 2018 and love it. The optima seems about as good for a little less $$. Don't know if there are still QC issues since covid but get one early enough to get to know it and you should be good. Don't know about any other new brands, just what I landed on after my research good luck. PS: I lost bull shooting powerbelts (platinum series). They seem to splatter on impact at close range - resulting in poor penetration. Federal bor loc is what I went to, but there are many other good bullets out there. P belts shoot great at range but I don't trust them in the field

OP
JGBowman

JGBowman

Lil-Rokslider
I bought my cva accura v2 in 2018 and love it. The optima seems about as good for a little less $$. Don't know if there are still QC issues since covid but get one early enough to get to know it and you should be good. Don't know about any other new brands, just what I landed on after my research good luck. PS: I lost bull shooting powerbelts (platinum series). They seem to splatter on impact at close range - resulting in poor penetration. Federal bor loc is what I went to, but there are many other good bullets out there. P belts shoot great at range but I don't trust them in the field
I have been trying to buy bor locs but can't find them. Been looking since last July.

CVA Accura MR-X 50 cal. w. Williams Western Peep/Front Globe sight, BH209 or 777 loose powder, non-sabot bore sized bullet. Welcome to the great state of CO. Boom!

jwshunts

FNG
Any of the CVA or Thompson Center MLs should be fine. If possible, handle as many as you can. In my experience, stock fit, cast, alignment, etc. is more important when looking down open sights than peering through a scope. How the gun shoulders and how naturally your eye falls in line with your sight picture.
I agree, shoot as many as you can, find what works for you