Suggestions for entry level optics tripod/head

Jonny360

FNG
Picking up Maven 10x42s or 11x46s this week (which depends on the best deal I can get used). Want to get a tripod to hold these suckers. Suggestions? So far looking at

Vortex Optics Pro GT Tripod- $197
Manfrotto 290XTRA TRIPOD/128RC micro fluid pan combo- $200

Any opinions on either of these options? Or something else I should be considering at a similar price point?

Personally I would avoid anything branded vortex. You will likely be using the warranty. Which means the product failed. Do you want it to fail on your hunt?

How are you going to attach the binos to the tripod?

OP
J

Jonny360

FNG
Personally I would avoid anything branded vortex. You will likely be using the warranty. Which means the product failed. Do you want it to fail on your hunt?

How are you going to attach the binos to the tripod?

Probably duct tape.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion. The Sirui T024SKVA5 is awesome. Never buy an optics company tripod other then Swarovski. Their tripods are pricey, but fantastic
The Sirui is on special for members here for $254.92, instead of $299.90 and then you get $38 back from Sirui via a rebate

Call me at 516-217-1000 to get this Rokslide price.

Also I will post later, this week any N series Sirui tripod or kit are 25% off thru Saturday the 20Th plus the 15% rebate

Joel

mlgc20

WKR
Agree with the suggestion of talking to Joel. When I first got an "entry level" tripod, I went with the Amazon basics tripod that was like $30. It was such a piece of garbage, I would never take it with me. I would just occasionally use it from the truck. Wish I had just spent the money and got something decent to begin with.

TSimons9

FNG
I had the manfrotto 290 extra carbon tripod and a 128 head for a year or so. I honestly regret selling it. I would think that’s about as good of a setup as you would ever really need. The aluminum 290 I’m sure is also a great tripod.