Suggestions for CA bear hunt

OP
R

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
Yes San Bernadino County. Basically the south side of San Gorgonio Mountain. There is a road that branches off HWY 38 that continues up Mill Creek Canyon. On the south side of the creek are several houses and cabins, mostley private property; however to the north are trails that travel to the National Forest. I think there is a webpage/forum for socal hunting, I'll check with them also.

Yes San Bernadino County. Basically the south side of San Gorgonio Mountain. There is a road that branches off HWY 38 that continues up Mill Creek Canyon. On the south side of the creek are several houses and cabins, mostley private property; however to the north are trails that travel to the National Forest. I think there is a webpage/forum for socal hunting, I'll check with them also.

I know this has nothing to do with the thread, but I have to ask. Sounds like you spend a lot of time in San Gorgonio. Do you ever run across the sheep at all?

shaun

WKR
I was talking to one of my foreman yesterday and they have been hammering the bears in Blue Canyon area just east of fresno. A few weeks ago I was in Kinsman Flat and that place is slammed with bear sign you could see where they where the bears were tearing up the trees to knock the acorns down. I am hoping to make it back in there this year if the wife doesnt pop. Kinda crazy how low they are this year.

OP
R

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
I've spooked a few sheep on the summit ridge, but never got a good look at them. I'm sure I've walked past dozens of them while I was hiking and never even noticed them. I think CA FG issues a couple sheep permits for the area.

Here's a good example of a bear in an acorn tree eating -video credit to 2Rocky!!! This was a cub and was a tanker, the mom was a PIG!

[video]http://youtu.be/jkscqE9h1g8[/video]

Califhuntn

Lil-Rokslider
Cool video. With the ban of hunting bears with dogs here the bear population will definitely increase. I think bear sightings will be more frequent.

Sawfish

Lil-Rokslider
Cool video. With the ban of hunting bears with dogs here the bear population will definitely increase. I think bear sightings will be more frequent.

And so will bear problems. Just like Mountain Lions, there will be more bears killed on depredation than were ever taken by sport hunters. After they have the fear of man bred out of them, you will see some real bear/human encounters.

klxracer92

Lil-Rokslider
Old post but. Yes San Gorgonio Mountain has sheep, DFG or DFW allows 2 tags for that area. Forest falls does have a decent amount of private property from what I have seen on a map. As mentioned before the north side where the forest is where I am going to start. I live right outside of Camp Pendleton.