Subaru Outback Wilderness - feedback or something?

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
What was the message?

And I should be getting a steak dinner for the deal I got you (and dealing with you), but I can’t even get a mention?!?!
In the top right corner they wrote "I <3 (weiner picture)"

We have fed you hearts, balls, and steaks multiple times at the kid's birthday party. If I remember this year, we will add tongue to that.

czgunner

FNG
Did you have one leak?
Sealed for life means the manufacture doesn't have a fluid maintenance schedule. Nothing to do with leaks. We did so many CVT replacements from all manufacturers, that I recommend you do maintenance to keep the fluid clean. Or not, do your thing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sealed for life means the manufacture doesn't have a fluid maintenance schedule. Nothing to do with leaks. We did so many CVT replacements from all manufacturers, that I recommend you do maintenance to keep the fluid clean. Or not, do your thing.

The way you said to watch it made me think you'd seen something necessary beyond the maintenance schedules...

My wife and I own 4 vehicles. It's a bit much but each has a job. She has a mid size SUV for dropping kids off at school and around town stuff. She rarely gets on the interstate. I have three vehicles. I have a truck for towing, a 98 honda accord for commuting for work, and a 07 Tahoe for hunting. We vary insurance coverage on each vehicle throughout the year depending what we have going on.

czgunner

FNG
The way you said to watch it made me think you'd seen something necessary beyond the maintenance schedules...
Sorry I didn't post clearly. Nissan and Subaru were our most common failures. We actually had the best results servicing Nissan every 20k to keep the fluid clean. Just about every OEM says "no service necessary" and its not true. I had a young girl who's CVT failed at 40k. Its no joke when you're talking $7-10k to replace them.

summs

Lil-Rokslider
Going to call BS on this.
But maybe you are correct.
I mean, it's true. My truck never breaks 20 mpg, and the subaru never breaks 25mpg. For such a small and modern light vehicle, i think it should be doing 30 all day on the highway, and for sure never even consider the teens in city driving. But 19-21 is what city driving is reporting back to me.

Poser

WKR
I saw a subaru this weekend that had a giant banner sticker across the top of the front windshield that read "Mountain Roo"

I mean, it's true. My truck never breaks 20 mpg, and the subaru never breaks 25mpg. For such a small and modern light vehicle, i think it should be doing 30 all day on the highway, and for sure never even consider the teens in city driving. But 19-21 is what city driving is reporting back to me.

Is it a 6cyl? We have a '16 4cyl with 190k miles that still averages 26/29.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR

I don't know anything about tire size and gear ratio. I noticed 55-75mph on this wilderness is the most efficient according to the little real time MPG bar gauge thing. In town it's in the teens unless I can get it to shift to 6th gear. I think the wilderness has a different gear ratio than the other versions though.

svivian

WKR
We have fed you hearts, balls, and steaks multiple times at the kid's birthday party. If I remember this year, we will add tongue to that.
Bro you can’t drop eating balls multiple times and kids birthday party in the same sentence like that… jeepers!

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Bro you can’t drop eating balls multiple times and kids birthday party in the same sentence like that… jeepers!
The @Ucsdryder three daughter crew each left a 5 star Yelp review the past two years for the buck fries. I'm getting pretty good at it. Maybe I'll look up a bovine uterus recipe and see if I can adapt it.

I think tongue will be a hit, maybe stomach?

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
Our third Subie, an Outback we bought last summer. Its got the 2.4 turbo which takes HP from about 180....with the standard 2.5L up to 270. I get the beeper more than I like for looking out the sides too much. I have to disable auto stop......engine stops when at a standstill for more than like 15 seconds...every time I get in. Its a great road car and does great here in snow and ice. I very good dirt road car too. On a road trip I can get around 27 mpg if I keep it under 77-78.

Ucsdryder

WKR
The @Ucsdryder three daughter crew each left a 5 star Yelp review the past two years for the buck fries. I'm getting pretty good at it. Maybe I'll look up a bovine uterus recipe and see if I can adapt it.

I think tongue will be a hit, maybe stomach?
Yeah that’s not true. My kids refused to eat it. 😂

tony

WKR
My girlfriend has lesbian friends that have an outback
I have drove it a few times, nice vehicle
GF has a few Jeep Cherokees
Mom has a rav 4

Smallest rav 4, then Outback, biggest is the Cherokee.

Mileage wise, the Cherokee is low to mid 20s. No idea on the other 2.
My ranger 4 door, ecoboost gets 25 mpg as average in the summer, winters is 23. I guess the change in gas ?

WRO

WKR
GF lesbian friends have an outback ( yes I said it) :D
I have drove it a few times, nice vehicle
GF has a few Jeep Cherokees
Mom has a rav 4

Smallest rav 4, then Outback, biggest is the Cherokee.

Mileage wise, the Cherokee is low to mid 20s. No idea on the other 2.
My ranger 4 door, ecoboost gets 25 mpg as average in the summer, winters is 23. I guess the change in gas ?

My wife’s boyfriend drives an Outback..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk