Stuck between bags. Back country bed 20, lost ranger 15, riff 15

Mebe007

Lil-Rokslider
So I've been researching bags to no end. Kind of settled on a couple but not sure which direction to go. I plan to settle in the 15-20deg bag range. I'm a bug guy. 6'1" 250lb. Tend to toss turn and side sleep. I've been looking at the nemo disco/riff 15 bags, older big agnes lost ranger 15 bags and the Sierra designs back country bed bag.

At any point in the past week I've almost jumped on any of the 3, but looking to order one this weekend.

Eight now I'm planning a back pack camp trip this spring and another this fall in yhe virginia blueridge. Temps can swing from the 30s to the 60s during this time Frame and have slipped into the teens on occasion in the past. Also have montana in the future.....when I finally cash in

I really like the idea of the pad sleeve on the sierra designs and the big agnes as I've woke up off my pad plenty of time on my current bags.

Big agnes seems to have the most shoulder room for side sleepers.

The idea of the zipperless design of the back country bed really has my attention as I've woke up many a night when it was a little warm when going to bed, freezing hanging out of an unzipped bag.

Then there are the nemo bags. Seem a little more spacious overall and I can opt for 800fill.

Gone4Days

WKR
I am a side sleeper and use both a Nemo Salsa 15° and a quilt from Enoightened Equipment. I never use the bag anymore. I always grab the quilt. Just a better way to go if your looking for comfort and lightweight option.

Bendejo

Lil-Rokslider
I used the lost ranger for about 1 trip above the tree line (mountaineering). Turning on my side made the bag uncomfortable because the mummy face always has to face up for the pad to be used. Looked good on paper, till I used it in the field. Circled back to a regular mummy bag for side sleeping and toss/turn.

Edit. Looks like the new lost ranger offering is updated from the design I used. Maybe more comfy.

Last edited: