Stuck at home? Catch a soccer game - World Cup time is coming.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I've never been a fan of watching other people do stuff.
Esp., watching grown men kick a ball around a pasture.
Life's too short.

SWFLhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Disagree. The usa has a central midfield 3 that is as strong as any midfield unit in the tourney. The dutch thrive when they can play possession through the midfield. I think the usa will shut that down.

I tried to warn you lol.

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
Did anyone here watch the game? I wasnt able to. Highlights make it look like an even game other than the standard usa squandering chances and holland finishing theirs clinically.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
Did anyone here watch the game? I wasnt able to. Highlights make it look like an even game other than the standard usa squandering chances and holland finishing theirs clinically.
The U.S.had a great chance at around the 4 minute mark. Pulisic alone against the goalie missed a golden opportunity. That is the difference between European teams and North American teams Holland had one opportunity at the 9 minute mark and ball is inside the goal.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
The Dutch’s experience and patience can be seeing during their attacks. They always wait for the right moments to attack you and will put it behind the net 8 out of 10 times. Concacaf teams will maybe waste 6 chances out of 10 before scoring one goal. That’s the difference between the level of soccer played in Europe.

TxxAgg

WKR
Yall are correct. USA lacks that extra 5% refinement that the euro teams have. Hajj's bad touch on a gimme goal is a prime example. He was lucky to score tight after that.

Also the marking was abysmal by the midfielders. I know they were tired but they left guys wide open on all 3 goals.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
Yep, like the other guys said - you are correct. Their passing was crisp and ball went where the player would be. our guys were a half step off from being able to pull the trigger when they needed.

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
Odds are I won't watch another match this world cup unless maybe the finals and Messi is playing.

We didn't capitalize when we had the chance and we totally ignored fundamentals, ie marking you man.
All 3 goals we let them run threw the box unmarked, I don't they their finishing was clinical we just didn't mark players going thru the box...the last goal was embarrassing...give them 10 yds to cross and then don't mark the man coming into the far post..smh...dude was waving his hand he was so open.

Brazil today, France yesterday that was clinical finishing. Mbappe's touch..smh...Richarlison 3 dribbles off his head a give and go then a goal...Filthy!!!

So wanna see Brazil v France in the final.

JohnB

WKR
Yeah that was phenomenal. I've always enjoyed soccer but really only tune in every 4 years. And usually I spend most of the games grumbling about soccer players flopping but that game was great!