Striker ice bibs for late season deer- how noisy is too noisy?

Anybody ever use their striker ice bibs for late season deer? I'm considering buying the fanatic bibs that are on sale but I'm struggling with the idea of having another set of bibs that costs almost 400$. I have scheels bibs now, and they are absolutely not warm. They're good for mid season but I froze my tail off in December in them last year. Upper body was warm with my layering set up by legs got cold cold.

So I got to thinking. And yes I know that's dangerous..
But I have striker bibs that are warm as heck.
My only fear would be that they are loud in the cold so I'd probably either have to go full ninja or just stay sitting to shoot so they wouldn't brush together.

Anybody done it?

I would guess rifle would be a lot more doable than archery. If you had something to go over them it would help deaden the sound and keep them from rubbing together. I'm thinking something like snow camp coveralls, not for temperature iansulation but for sound insulation .

OP
E
I would guess rifle would be a lot more doable than archery. If you had something to go over them it would help deaden the sound and keep them from rubbing together. I'm thinking something like snow camp coveralls, not for temperature iansulation but for sound insulation .
For sure I could wear them rifle hunting, but I'm having a hard time buying a set of fanatic bibs for deer when they're spendy and I generally dislike sitting in a stand when it's that cold. However, since my wife's primary love of the fall is smashing geese and pulling crankbaits for walleyes... late season ends up being my deer hunting time if I don't hustle to fill tags early.

For sure, if it's just whitetails on a treestand there are plenty of other cheaper brands than may not have some of the higher end features and lighter weights that are more important for our west hunting. Maybe check out huntworth, they have lower prices but still have really warm gear from what I hear.

fishslap

WKR
I’m big into ice fishing and I think I’d only wear my striker bibs if I was mostly sitting still in a blind or stand and rifle hunting. I’d figure out a different solution otherwise. Maybe a heavier merino base layer and/or some puffy pants under a quite (brushed or fleece faced) shell or existing bibs if you want to spend the money on pieces with more versatility.

nosajnh

FNG
I can't imagine hunting in my Striker Ice hardwaters due to the noise however, the hardwaters are made with the heavier cordura material than the other SI bibs. I was sick of putting a million layers on during Nov./Dec. hangs so I bought the FL Santuary 2.0 bibs and Jacket when they were 30% off. I am really happy with them. I walk in with the bibs on and the legs unzipped.. Once at height I put the jacket on and open/close the vents/zippers as required. I used them once the temps went below 45.

fishslap

WKR
If you (or a buddy….) are a veteran, you can get a pretty good discount with FL or kuiu. Not sure about other companies. Outdoor research offers a discount also (non hunting focused but great gear).

OP
E
I’m big into ice fishing and I think I’d only wear my striker bibs if I was mostly sitting still in a blind or stand and rifle hunting. I’d figure out a different solution otherwise. Maybe a heavier merino base layer and/or some puffy pants under a quite (brushed or fleece faced) shell or existing bibs if you want to spend the money on pieces with more versatility.
That's the problem, I have scheels bibs but they just aren't warm enough for late late season. The strikers are basically a Woodstove but man I just don't know if they'll be too noisy. I for surely could use them rifle hunting but I'm basically just a guide for my wife and father in law for rifle season, and usually pack in a pop up blind, 2 or 3 chairs and all of the gear for whoever I'm taking. So likely I could not hike in them at all.

OP
E
I can't imagine hunting in my Striker Ice hardwaters due to the noise however, the hardwaters are made with the heavier cordura material than the other SI bibs. I was sick of putting a million layers on during Nov./Dec. hangs so I bought the FL Santuary 2.0 bibs and Jacket when they were 30% off. I am really happy with them. I walk in with the bibs on and the legs unzipped.. Once at height I put the jacket on and open/close the vents/zippers as required. I used them once the temps went below 45
I honestly don't own a single piece of first lite. I'm not opposed, I just haven't dabbled at all so I'm mostly unfamiliar. What do the sanctuary bibs compare to in the sitka line? Are they insulated? How quiet are they?

OP
E
Guys what other options are there that aren't almost 500$ that I'm not thinking of. I hear the stratus bibs just aren't warm, but I'm kind of getting sick of buying and wrecking cheaper bibs that leave me wanting more warmth.

nosajnh

FNG
I honestly don't own a single piece of first lite. I'm not opposed, I just haven't dabbled at all so I'm mostly unfamiliar. What do the sanctuary bibs compare to in the sitka line? Are they insulated? How quiet are they?
They are very quiet and very warm. I am not saying they are better than the Fanatics as I have never tried them. I just mentioned them as I am familiar with them and happy with them. The jacket is cut nicely for bow hunting and they have a well designed cuff that expands but does not require velcro that can make bad noises at inopportune times. I have read where some think the collar is too big however I never noticed that. Some feel they are too warm so you will see them for sale used. You want the 2.0. I imagine the Sitka would be lighter weight.

OP
E
They are very quiet and very warm. I am not saying they are better than the Fanatics as I have never tried them. I just mentioned them as I am familiar with them and happy with them. The jacket is cut nicely for bow hunting and they have a well designed cuff that expands but does not require velcro that can make bad noises at inopportune times. I have read where some think the collar is too big however I never noticed that. Some feel they are too warm so you will see them for sale used. You want the 2.0. I imagine the Sitka would be lighter weight.
I will absolutely check it out!

Thank You for the suggestion.