Stratus vest

Agross

WKR
I’ve done some searching on here and haven’t found a lot of info . What are your guys thoughts on this vest? I tried the fanatic, which I know is a lot warmer, but just couldn’t get used to the zipper. Loved everything else about it. I have a warmer vest and a lighter vest and I’m kinda looking for an in between. It would be for hunting here in Michigan

Also how is the sizing on these? I realize they are the standard fit. I’m a 2x in most all tops , but the 2x fanatic was huge on me and I believe that’s the standard fit as well. For those with experience was the sizing on both of these similar? With the sale they have going I was looking toward trying the stratus, and the hat as well possibly, if anyone has opinions on it.

Are these quiet? I’ve read reviews saying how quiet and warm it is and reviews saying it’s not warm and kinda noisy 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for any help

I had the stratus vest for a year and it was great. The burry fleece does catch on bark a little bit and it's not dead silent. Also tried the fanatic and love it.

Bought the Cabela's version of this vest which I think is exactly the same for $40 and absolutely love it. Have had it for almost 5 years now. Fully windproof and dead quiet. I feel like for the price it's as good or better than the stratus. Pockets are a little smaller and the zippers aren't as good but I have yet to have a problem. Will probably buy the full jacket version as well.

I had a full stratus set with a vest. It is fleece outer with a wind blocker. The only thing in my arsenal quieter is straight fleece or wool. As far as warm, it is on par with a similar fleece wind block jacket. No real insulation to speak of so it isn’t super warm but you can layer underneath. If you are looking for warm, check out the fanatic stuff.

I've ran Stratus set here for years here where I live. I will wear it from 50 down to low 30's. Once down below 40 I will wear a base layer. Above 40 usually were pants and a long sleeve shirt underneath and have been comfortable. It makes a difference with the wind block in the material.

I wear a 2x in Sitka tops but I can get away with xl in their vests if I don’t want a lot of room to layer.

Hondo

WKR
I too found that the Stratus Vest and Jacket run larger than most of my Sitka gear.

JAC8504

Lil-Rokslider
i love the stratus line in the midwest - Missouri / Kansas. My friend has the incinerator line and hardly uses it due to it being TOO warm. I bet it is nice for the upper midwest, michigan, northeast.

A lot of people seem to like the fanatic, but I do perfectly fine by adding layers with my stratus collection. strip when needed or add when needed. Always makes for a perfectly modular setup

sizes are true... XL / XLT for me: 6'1 & 225