Sitka Incinerator- worth it?

Pretty happy with my array of Sitka clothing. I wound up with duplicates of the Stratus jacket and bibs and thinking of selling the EV2 and keeping the subalpine as I prefer that pattern.

My question-

I've used a heated vest with a Sitka Ambient jacket and my stratus jacket and bibs (layers under the bibs of course) and was comfortable down to the low 20's, but it was pushing it a bit. I get cold easy and that was about the farthest I can go with that setup I think.

For those who've experienced it, will the Incinerator coat/bibs be significantly warmer/overall maybe LESS restrictive for movement than a bunch of layers under Stratus for 20's temps (or below)?

We get a lot of low 30's/high 20's and DAMP weather here that is just miserable and cold sitting for whitetails.

Just looking for some Incinerator feedback before going that route. Much appreciated!

Bump79

WKR
This probably is the wrong forum to get the best answers. Rokslide is a backcountry/western hunting forum

TimeOnTarget

Lil-Rokslider
Incinerator is way too warm for those temps. I won’t even think of wearing mine if we’re above 0.

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking of asking the same question myself? I stand hunt most of the year and have used a $50 puffy off Amazon once I get to the stand. Granted this is underneath a Rivers West jacket to block the wind. I am generally fine with this set up. i am curious if it is really worth 3-15X the price for a puffy if it isn’t the outer layer.

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
Incinerator is way too warm for those temps. I won’t even think of wearing mine if we’re above 0.
Interesting. How old is your Incinerator? I have the old Incinerator parka and bibs that have down insulation and they are not that warm. No way they would keep me warm below zero. I love Sitka stuff but to me their stand hunting cold weather gear is lacking once you get past the Fanatic line.

TimeOnTarget

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting. How old is your Incinerator? I have the old Incinerator parka and bibs that have down insulation and they are not that warm. No way they would keep me warm below zero. I love Sitka stuff but to me their stand hunting cold weather gear is lacking once you get past the Fanatic line.
Mines probably 5-6 yrs old now I spose. Primaloft IIRC.

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
Good info here. I have been thinking of adding the incinerator to my collection. I like how quiet it is compared to a puffy style jacket.

Axlrod

WKR
I have an older one it has down insul. waterproof/windproof. I got it on camofire for like $200. I use it when it is cold and windy archery hunting from a stand for whitetails. It works great for that, but is too warm for most any other hunting I do.

Wheels

WKR
I had the incinerator and sold it, went with the fanatic jacket. In my opinion it’s just as warm and quieter. Plus, the kangaroo pouch pocket is great for keeping hands warm. Had the old version of incinerator and the wind liner was noisy.

FYG

FNG
I've only had the bibs, and sent them off to a friend that did more WT stand hunting than I was ever going to do. The time I wore them was -10 with a decent amount of snow, and I was spot and stalking elk in a weapon restricted area. They were far too warm for even the mild activity I was doing, and the snow stuck to the fleece. Obviously not their intended purpose, but the point is they are WARM! For a long sit, they'd be hard to beat.

The incinerator set is is the ideal set for the conditions you described. 25 to 40 degrees and damp windy conditions. Yes, you can where it into the 40's with minimal base layers if necessary unless you "run" very hot. These are made for stationary hunting only. IMO the fanatic set is warmer but not a good fit for rainy weather. The incinerator is louder than the fanatic and you have to be mindful on dead calm days that it will make "noise" if you rub against a tree or turn to fast on your seat.

The WT Sitka stuff is way too heavy, bulky, and warm to be useful for anyone other than some Elmer Fudd who drives his 4 wheeler up to his ladder stand and climbs up to sit in it for two hours.

If you walk at all or are mobile in any way whatsoever a lightweight layering system is far more effective.