Strategy for Other Hunters in "Your" Spot

Like others have said, get there first.
Might not even be a hunter.
If you cant, have several back up spots lined up,
which is a good idea anyway.

Jimmy

WKR
If close, I walk over and talk.

1-Introduce yourself. For me it usually goes very friendly when I'm friendly first.

2-Commiserate over not having the place to yourselves, but what can ya do?(this is where the other guy nods that yeah this sucks)

3-Ask their plans for the hunt, or give them yours.

At this point you decide if he'll go one way and you go hunt the other way. Or, you hunt together as a team. Or, you get all up in each others way and it usually never ends well and everyone goes home upset. (this can vary if it's a huge area or a small spot)

Usually I walk away still disappointed that someone else was there, but now I have a plan. And I usually get their phone number and some guys we'll text for years. Can turn into a good source of information.

OP
S
I had an opportunity years ago to get better intel on this particular ridgeline within the overall system of 5-6 basins I'm working in. Unfortunately, my hunting partner at the time wasn't up to the task physically to get up there.

I also ran into another hunter several years back that was part of a bigger group who'd establish camps to spike out from their base camp along the main road. Never saw the guy again, but this could be one of their setups.

This may or may not be me trying to tell myself it'll all be okay. :ROFLMAO:

I had an opportunity years ago to get better intel on this particular ridgeline within the overall system of 5-6 basins I'm working in. Unfortunately, my hunting partner at the time wasn't up to the task physically to get up there.

I also ran into another hunter several years back that was part of a bigger group who'd establish camps to spike out from their base camp along the main road. Never saw the guy again, but this could be one of their setups.

This may or may not be me trying to tell myself it'll all be okay. :ROFLMAO:

Make sure to let us know how it goes, could be interesting

I would go & plan to hunt it because this place might be someone's "plan C, D, E or F" spot & they may never even make it to the spot during the year. On a particular piece of public land I have about 6-8 spots that I have scouted as alternate places depending on wind, hunter pressure, time of day, etc. On scouting days I''' build makeshift ground blinds & stash a water bottle just in case & may not get to them during the course of the season. Don't change your plans before you know if it's even a problem