Stone Glacier

I know somewhere this has been asked and beat to the ground. I just purchased the SG Sky 5900. Being 6’2” and a little porky. Once I’ve adjusted the shoulder straps to fit me comfortably there is only 3-4 inches in contact. SG said “ you should be good”. Anyone in the same boat? Any experience on this. Thanks in advance.

Drenalin

W.KR
The hip belt fit is going to be way more important than the shoulder straps. If you can post pics of you wearing the pack, one from straight on and one from the side, that would help identify any issues. If you'd rather not post mirror selfies on the forum, send them in to SG to take a look and let you know what they think.

OP
J
I know somewhere this has been asked and beat to the ground. I just purchased the SG Sky 5900. Being 6’2” and a little porky. Once I’ve adjusted the shoulder straps to fit me comfortably there is only 3-4 inches in contact. SG said “ you should be good”. Anyone in the same boat? Any experience on this. Thanks in advance.
Can’t find edit. Should have said 3-4 inches of Velcro. Was my concern.

eamyrick

WKR
I’m 6’3 and had less contact. SG makes long shoulder straps. Give them a shout. Annoying part of them is they don’t have a high keeper for the load lifter strap.

7mm-08

WKR
I had the exact opposite problem with my SG pack because I'm so short. Like you, I spoke with SG about my concern of only having about two inches of the shoulder strap having contact with the Velcro on the pack. Not surprisingly, I got the same answer, which made me as uncomfortable as you sound in your post. A month later I loaded the pack with 70 pounds of elk rear quarter and it performed perfectly. It must be the angle of the Velcro contacts that make it work that way.