Stone Glacier/Vista

What do you guys think of the direction SG has gone since Vista funding has come on board? I remember Kurt being focused on not just making random items but only doing so if they felt there was an improvement to be made. We know that Vista is going to want to pump the company for all it’s worth which leads to the junk they’re coming up with now. A flannel that is a direct copy of Poncho Outdoors? Stuff sacks that you could get on Amazon for far less than they are charging? I understand it’s just a business but it’s hard to find one that is staying true to their values anymore.

they never feel the need tohave sales so i'd assume things are going pretty well. i agree, the lifestyle stuff is kinda funny

schmalzy

WKR
Customer service still fantastic and more color way offerings. Yeah some of the odds and ends aren’t what I’m specifically after but overall as a whole I can’t see how the Vista buyout was negative. From an outside looking in prospective they used the new resources to be an efficient and high performing operation. Almost all of their stuff is available immediately and ships out right away. If there is an issue they’re very quick to make it right.

What values do you think they are not staying true to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you guys think of the direction SG has gone since Vista funding has come on board? I remember Kurt being focused on not just making random items but only doing so if they felt there was an improvement to be made. We know that Vista is going to want to pump the company for all it’s worth which leads to the junk they’re coming up with now. A flannel that is a direct copy of Poncho Outdoors? Stuff sacks that you could get on Amazon for far less than they are charging? I understand it’s just a business but it’s hard to find one that is staying true to their values anymore.
Why limit yourself to a 3-4 month sale season?

Most clothing companies have a min of 2 seasons of buying. Big ones have QTR’ly.

lifestyle is 12 months a year plus free branding, hunting gear is 2-4 months a year.