Stone Glacier changes?

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Yep same great guys, product, and service. If anything they’ve got some improved systems to give them more time to put out information, how to’s and hunting films.

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
The disgusting downward spiral Kifaru is on, has me to the point Ive unfollowed all their social media and unsubscribed. The company isn’t what it once was.

I could go on and on. But if I had to do it over I’d just have gone full SG. I appreciate what those guys are doing and stand for way more closely than whatever is going on inside Kifaru’s walls these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forgive my ignorance, but what are you talking about? Can you please explain?

The disgusting downward spiral Kifaru is on, has me to the point Ive unfollowed all their social media and unsubscribed. The company isn’t what it once was.

I could go on and on. But if I had to do it over I’d just have gone full SG. I appreciate what those guys are doing and stand for way more closely than whatever is going on inside Kifaru’s walls these days.

Same here. I had six packs and multiple other items. Sold everything and unfollowed. And then I took the time to dial the four SG packs I purchased and am glad I did.

There was a time when I fully believed they were the one. No more.

I’ve been on a “social media” scavenger hunt lately. If I see First Lite, Phelps, FHF, Bowmar support (or giving a platform while denying customers a voice) and several other products/influencers, the unfollow button gets smashed. I’m so sick of the famous hunter folks.

Last edited:

lintond

WKR

Can you expand on what Kifaru is doing that a downward spiral? They just auctioned off a quiver for $5k for donation. Genuinely curious what has you turned off.

I own both SG & Kifaru & like both.

uglymud

FNG
Classified Approved
Anyone notice they seemed to remove all the evo packs from their website?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Can you expand on what Kifaru is doing that a downward spiral? They just auctioned off a quiver for $5k for donation. Genuinely curious what has you turned off.

I own both SG & Kifaru & like both.

Also wondering what Kifaru has been doing lately to turn people off…

Also wondering what Kifaru has been doing lately to turn people off…

I think many people don’t like capitalism unless they are the ones capitalizing, that is my best guess.

Kifaru is turning into a money machine rather than just a pack company, they are expanding and becoming more like a big business… I personally don’t hold that against them at all, but it does seem to veer me in the direction of a company like exo for my packs, they want to stay small so they can maintain top level customer service and have a relationship with their customers… they are staying in their lane and focusing 100% on building the best packs they can think up

That’s my best guess, and could be wrong… kifaru is still a great company building excellent gear, but they are trending in a direction many probably don’t prefer.

I prefer to support the small businesses when I have the option without compromise.

Like I said, that’s my best guess drawing from my own experience and what we are all seeing with kifaru kind of changing gears… I certainly don’t blame them, but the company looks a lot different than just a couple years ago and we are seeing a lot of stuff outside of backpacks and shelters, and quite a bit of it is selling well because of the brand.

I will continue buying stuff from them, because they make great gear, but if there is an equal or better option from a smaller niche company, that’s the way I have always gone.

pcrossett

FNG
I think many people don’t like capitalism unless they are the ones capitalizing, that is my best guess.

Kifaru is turning into a money machine rather than just a pack company, they are expanding and becoming more like a big business… I personally don’t hold that against them at all, but it does seem to veer me in the direction of a company like exo for my packs, they want to stay small so they can maintain top level customer service and have a relationship with their customers… they are staying in their lane and focusing 100% on building the best packs they can think up

That’s my best guess, and could be wrong… kifaru is still a great company building excellent gear, but they are trending in a direction many probably don’t prefer.

I prefer to support the small businesses when I have the option without compromise.

Like I said, that’s my best guess drawing from my own experience and what we are all seeing with kifaru kind of changing gears… I certainly don’t blame them, but the company looks a lot different than just a couple years ago and we are seeing a lot of stuff outside of backpacks and shelters, and quite a bit of it is selling well because of the brand.

I will continue buying stuff from them, because they make great gear, but if there is an equal or better option from a smaller niche company, that’s the way I have always gone.

That's how I am interpreting it as well. Was bummed out when SG got bought out by Vista Outdoors (prefer small USA businesses) but still love the quality of the gear and the support from them. The whole point of a business is to make money which they have done and will continue doing.

nobody

WKR
Anyone notice they seemed to remove all the evo packs from their website?

They’re streamlining their offerings. Now rather than having a “Sky 5900” and an “Evo 5900” with minimal differences, they just have one identical 5900 bag available in both colors. They’ve also discontinued some bags (Evo 40/56) and updated them with new models (Col 4800). Just product updates and such.

uglymud

FNG
Classified Approved
They’re streamlining their offerings. Now rather than having a “Sky 5900” and an “Evo 5900” with minimal differences, they just have one identical 5900 bag available in both colors. They’ve also discontinued some bags (Evo 40/56) and updated them with new models (Col 4800). Just product updates and such.
Yeah that's kinda what I assumed, just noticed it the other day when I was browsing.

ncavi8tor

WKR
Please elaborate on this downward spiral with Kifaru. Is their quality slipping? I just bought another frame from them and you have me a little concerned. It's arriving tomorrow.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I think they are speaking more in regards to their activities and associations on social media. More of a not wanting to support a company that support’s certain individuals. I think as far as actual quality of product there has not been a drop off.

sr80

WKR
Please elaborate on this downward spiral with Kifaru. Is their quality slipping? I just bought another frame from them and you have me a little concerned. It's arriving tomorrow.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
if you like your kifaru gear and frame then i wouldn't get to worried about a comment you read about someones personal opinion on a forum.