Stone Glacier Sky 5900 vs kuiu pro 6000

OP
Dzeek

Dzeek

FNG
I have a Kuiu set up but I am considering trying stone glacier. Haven’t had any issues with it but I have only tried one other pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ended up with the Kuiu pro 6000. Very happy with the pack so far, love the layout.

Usi05

WKR
I ended up with the Kuiu pro 6000. Very happy with the pack so far, love the layout.

I have the pro suspension with the ultra 5500 bag. It’s pretty solid and I have no real complaints. Customer service was great when a zipper on my ultra broke and they just sent me a new one.

I just don’t have any other major packs to compare it too so I’m curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpk1996

FNG
Honestly. I’d go with a bigger pack. Either the 6900 or 7900 from SG. Or the 7000 or 7800 from kuiu. 8 days is a lot of food. And Idaho in oct, we’ll you could run into anything wx wise. So you’ll have rain gear, puffy jacket/pants. Plus your camping gear and more likely a 15 deg (or lower) bag which is bigger in volume than say a 30-40 deg quilt (what I take for that temp range). Plus either a full tent or hot tent/stove setup (pack about the same size)

So that’s a bunch of Stuff. Add in optics and a tripod, plus rifle/bow, I think a 6000 is small. I had mine pretty full on a 5 day sept elk hunt (I prob over packed a little, but not much just some extra socks/underwear, lol). Not sure I could do 8 in oct with it. I have the kuiu 6000. Nice pack. (Might be putting it up for sale if you need one. Lol).

rootacres

WKR
The newer Pro Series KUIU is very comfortable, the older one I didn't like as much. The heaviest my KUIU ever got was around 80lbs and it carried comfortably. My last 3 hunts were with the SG X curve. That curved style seemed to fit me better (SG Krux is the flat style if that works). The heaviest Ive gone with the SG is also around 80lbs. I wouldn't say it was any more comfortable than the KUIU it just felt a little more stable. Both great packs with great return policy. You have time, Id order both in, put some weight in them, spend some time with each, send back the one you like least.

**Dont get your head spinning too much by reading posts on here. All the higher end packs are good. Some guys get pretty fired up about one being garbage vs the other. . . They are all good.

Raypo

Lil-Rokslider
Like others I think individual fitment is key. I have so many packs and all the major packs brands. I like lots of them, but if Im going on a backpack trip (no access), I’m going SG. A SG just fits me perfectly. I’ve packed out with lots of brands and I can carry way more weight with a SG. A day pack is a different story, but other than that It’s going to be SG. One little but - I personally have not had good experience with their customer service. Not as bad as Kifaru, I’ll say.