Stone Glacier Autolock Buckles

Matt G.

WKR
Good Morning Rocksliders,

Are autolock buckles necessary upgrade for the SG packs? I have them on the MR packs and sometimes they could be hard to use when your fingers are numb from being cold etc. Does the current buckle system stay put during normal use and under extreme loads?

Thanks

bow_dozer

Lil-Rokslider
I have had my regular buckles for 5 years now, no complaints, they are beefy. I had a metcalf before my SG, the autolocks were cool until they freeze.
If i was strapping on sheds a lot or awkward loads i could see a benefit.

3forks

WKR
I use them for strapping my bow to my pack.

Autolocks provide a huge improvement in being able to cinch your bow down and keep it tight.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I only use them on the compression straps that go across the back of then bag. Really don’t need them on all the side ones, etc.

jmez

WKR
IMO not necessary. I haven't had any issues with the buckles that come on the packs and have never had them come loose. You can cinch them as tight as you want as they come.

rootacres

WKR
Necessary?. . . Not really. I put them in two spots on my solo so I can really crank down on my tripod. The awkward shape of the tripod can cause the one buckle to loosen a little. The second is on my rifle side. If I’m successful and go from using the gun bearer to strapping my rifle to my pack I can really crank down on the buckle going around the action.

OP
Matt G.

Matt G.

WKR
Thanks everyone . I just purchased a set. They are cheap enough to try. I have the 6900 and thinking to use across the back.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk