Stolen Taxidermy

DanM

FNG
I had a mount stolen from my taxidermist and was curious if others have experienced the same? I have tried to reach out to the guy and - CRICKETS!!! Its been almost two years and nothing. If I lived in the area, I would be camped out at his house but I don't and not going to drive 1500 miles to get it either. Kind of a pisser....But be happy to share his name so others don't lose their prize...

OP
DanM

DanM

FNG
I did.....But not too much documentation in place and tough when so far a way....

OP
DanM

DanM

FNG
Nope stolen by the Taxidermist....He keeps his work in a basement - so tough to get in and he has not alluded to any other missing.

Maverick1

WKR
I had a mount stolen from my taxidermist and was curious if others have experienced the same? I have tried to reach out to the guy and - CRICKETS!!! Its been almost two years and nothing. If I lived in the area, I would be camped out at his house but I don't and not going to drive 1500 miles to get it either. Kind of a pisser....But be happy to share his name so others don't lose their prize...
Sounds like Jay’s Taxidermy. Jayson Clark.

RS3579

WKR
Nope stolen by the Taxidermist....He keeps his work in a basement - so tough to get in and he has not alluded to any other missing.
Are you sure he’s still alive? The taxidermist.

Even better, a flacky taxidermist stole two bear hides from me, including a beautiful colour phased 21 7/16 in bear and an 18 in blackie, when he went out of business.

LEO or COs wouldn't do anything about it...

OP
DanM

DanM

FNG
Hes still alive....Just will not respond.

So because he doesn’t respond you assume he automatically stole your mount? You need more proof than that to start accusing someone of theft. If he doesn’t respond how do you know he is still alive and kicking? Did he have some kind of accident that has layed him up for a while? I would like to see more evidence.

intunegp

WKR
8whlin.jpg

Even better, a flacky taxidermist stole two bear hides from me, including a beautiful colour phased 21 7/16 in bear and an 18 in blackie, when he went out of business.

LEO or COs wouldn't do anything about it...

You should have sued him.

When he has to pay for your guided hunts to replace those trophy's he will wish he had done you right.