Stolen bow

Jon_G

WKR
This may be a long shot but it's better than not trying. My friend's bow along with his binoculars and Garmin sight were stolen out of his truck. We live in CA so if you see any bow come out of CA for sale and it has the following serial number please shoot me a message. It's a Matthews v3x 29. The security camera caught the car but it pulled up so fast around the corner and parked next to his truck that the license plate wasn't visible. They were definitely targeting his truck. They must have seen him put his case in the truck or something. He hasn't sent me a serial number for the binoculars but I'll post it later. For now I just have the sight and bow serial #s

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240502_143727_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240502_143727_Gallery.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG-20240502-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240502-WA0002.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 59

Ohiohuntr

Lil-Rokslider
See if the local Leo can enter the serial number in LEADS online, if it gets pawned it should alert

LEO here. Just advise on the typical SOPs for this:
1. File a report with local LEO where it happened since they can enter serial number in LEADS
2. Take a look at Craigslist, eBay, or other forums, every couple of days at a minimum.
3. There is a trend of waiting up to 30 days before pawning and taking out of state, hence file with local LEO sooner the better.
4. Potentially file insurance claim if stolen property is on policy.

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
LEO here. Just advise on the typical SOPs for this:
1. File a report with local LEO where it happened since they can enter serial number in LEADS
2. Take a look at Craigslist, eBay, or other forums, every couple of days at a minimum.
3. There is a trend of waiting up to 30 days before pawning and taking out of state, hence file with local LEO sooner the better.
4. Potentially file insurance claim if stolen property is on policy.
Thank you. The problem is that cops do absolutely nothing. We live in Oakland CA in sure you've heard how bad it is out here. A family member got a job in dispatch bad in training they told her that there's tons of calls they won't respond to. My wife's car was stolen and we found it ourselves. I am pretty sure he hasn't even done a report since they probably won't show up. I will talk to him and tell him to do in just in case. Thanks again.

Marble

WKR
Thank you. The problem is that cops do absolutely nothing. We live in Oakland CA in sure you've heard how bad it is out here. A family member got a job in dispatch bad in training they told her that there's tons of calls they won't respond to. My wife's car was stolen and we found it ourselves. I am pretty sure he hasn't even done a report since they probably won't show up. I will talk to him and tell him to do in just in case. Thanks again.
You can go in to an Oakland PD location and file a counter report to get the item entered into APS. Slim to no chance of recovery, but it does happen.

If you live in the county area, other options are the CHP or the Sheriff.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I will refrain from making jokes about oakland otc opportunities but if he hasn't called mathews or garmin already it might be a good idea to let them know that serial number was stolen. If it's sent in to them for serivce one day he might eventually be able to get it back

def90

WKR

Yeah, they most likely won't send anyone out but most PDs have online reporting for this kind of stuff. You should be able to go to their website and report a crime. You will have to fill out the details of time, place, what happened and what not. Once you do that a person from the office usually calls within a couple days to confirm everything.

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
Yeah, they most likely won't send anyone out but most PDs have online reporting for this kind of stuff. You should be able to go to their website and report a crime. You will have to fill out the details of time, place, what happened and what not. Once you do that a person from the office usually calls within a couple days to confirm everything.
Thank you. I did confirm that he did make a report and it's in the system now. Hopefully if they take it to a pawn shop we'll find it. One member of our local archery club also sent an email to the surrounding shops in case it shows up there. Quite a few people are doing their part to help out. It's nice to see people helping.

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
Yeah that's a great idea! Someone mentioned to do the same with Garmin and hopefully something turns up. Thank you

If your friend has renter’s insurance (not sure about homeowners), it might cover his personal property being stolen from his truck. He would need to file a police report online to submit that to the insurance company.

Know of someone being reimbursed for a camera that was stolen.

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
I haven't asked him to look into that. I'm not sure if it will cover it since he wasn't home wjrn it happened he was at a friend's house. Not sure if that matters or not but I will tell him