Stocky's VG2 for Tikka

morgaj1

WKR
Do these come with a recoil lug or am I supposed to use the factory lug?

OP
morgaj1

morgaj1

WKR
I was thinking that it should, but there is not one in the box.

Mine was taped to the box I think. I just remember thinking good thing I noticed it. It may have been taped under the flap on one end so if I would have opened the other end I wouldnt have seen it. Cant remember exactly but I remember thinking I could have tossed it easily.

OP
morgaj1

morgaj1

WKR
Mine was taped to the box I think. I just remember thinking good thing I noticed it. It may have been taped under the flap on one end so if I would have opened the other end I wouldnt have seen it. Cant remember exactly but I remember thinking I could have tossed it easily.
I looked all over the box and the packaging and it is not in there. I'll email Stocky's. Thanks

Tahoe1305

WKR
I snagged a sportsman stockys model. It had one.

Got a VG a few months later. Didn’t have one.

Fwiw.

If they say you should have got one, please let me know I’ll email them as well.

Anyone have a picture of what these look like from the top, specifically of the inlet?

I've seen people say the grip to trigger distance is a little long, im interested in other peoples takes on that.

Anyone have a picture of what these look like from the top, specifically of the inlet?

I've seen people say the grip to trigger distance is a little long, im interested in other peoples takes on that.
I think it may be a little long. They are also very slippery. holding it into my shoulder with a gloved hand it is hard to keep my hand up in the right position. It wants to slide back. I need to add tape to it.

atmat

WKR
Mine came in last week without a recoil lug. Has someone emailed them about it to get confirmation either way?

@wind gypsy — it’s a bit of a reach for me to the trigger, but I have small hands for sure.

Mine came in last week without a recoil lug. Has someone emailed them about it to get confirmation either way?

@wind gypsy — it’s a bit of a reach for me to the trigger, but I have small hands for sure.
I emailed them. I'll update this when I hear a response. My stock was also missing the front sling stud and nut altogether.

OP
morgaj1

morgaj1

WKR
I heard from Stockys and they are mailing me one. Would someone who got a recoil lug with theirs measure it for me? I need to assemble mine this weekend and have a stock recoil lug if it is the same size as the one they sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atmat

WKR
I just emailed Stocky’s for my missing recoil lug. Thanks fellas.

Edit: they responded with an apology and are sending out the recoil lug. Seems like this is a common problem

Last edited:

atmat

WKR
For anyone else with a Stocky’s VG. Did it work with your factory hardware for bottom metal? The screw for the front of bottom metal isn’t long enough to grab the threads on mine.