Stockys tikka stock

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Has anybody bought that ultralight tikka stock from stockys? Not the vertical grip one but the more traditional one that they say is 21oz?

If so, how do you like it? What barrel profile did you buy it for? Can you post some pics?

I’m thinking of getting one but wondering if I should get the wider barrel channel for one of the alpine/rough text models even though I just have a standard barrel.

Thanks.

robtattoo

WKR
Not that particular model, no, but I do have the VG. I chose the Roughtec cut & I'm glad Idid. Between the VG thread & the Rokstock thread, there are quite a few photo examples of the channels & yes, I would absolutely go with the Alpine/Roughtec channel for the sporter barrel.
It's not ridiculously oversized, doesn't look odd or silly & gives a bunch of clearance.
The sporter channel does give clearance, but from what I've seen, only just. It wouldn't take much dirt or debris to kill the free float.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Not that particular model, no, but I do have the VG. I chose the Roughtec cut & I'm glad Idid. Between the VG thread & the Rokstock thread, there are quite a few photo examples of the channels & yes, I would absolutely go with the Alpine/Roughtec channel for the sporter barrel.
It's not ridiculously oversized, doesn't look odd or silly & gives a bunch of clearance.
The sporter channel does give clearance, but from what I've seen, only just. It wouldn't take much dirt or debris to kill the free float.
Are you happy with your VG stock? And what finish did you get? I might just pull the trigger on this thing right now.

robtattoo

WKR
Very much so, yes! I had the vertical grip on the factory stock & much preferred it for all shooting positions. The trigger reach on the Stocky's is a little longer, but I have average sized hands & don't find it to be an issue.

I bought mine in plain, unfinished carbon & did my own paint.
20240111_173548.jpg

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Very much so, yes! I had the vertical grip on the factory stock & much preferred it for all shooting positions. The trigger reach on the Stocky's is a little longer, but I have average sized hands & don't find it to be an issue.

View attachment 688170
That looks great, I just emailed them to see how long the back orders would take. I’m thinking I’ll buy the unfinished one.

Sorry for all the questions but would you say that the unfinished stock would be slippery? I’ve never had a stock that did t have some sort of texture on it.

crich

WKR

View attachment 688170
That looks good

Has anybody bought that ultralight tikka stock from stockys? Not the vertical grip one but the more traditional one that they say is 21oz?

If so, how do you like it? What barrel profile did you buy it for? Can you post some pics?

I’m thinking of getting one but wondering if I should get the wider barrel channel for one of the alpine/rough text models even though I just have a standard barrel.

Thanks.
I have one and I like it alot
It has a s.s barrel, not carbon wrapped
I will try to get a picture tomorrow

crich

WKR

Thanks.
You looking for the lightest you can find or lightest economical option?

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You looking for the lightest you can find or lightest economical option?
Mostly economical, I know peak 44 has a lighter one but it’s pretty pricey, this sticky’s thing should pretty much instantly cut over half a pound off my rifle so that seems like a good bang for the buck.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have one and I like it alot
It has a s.s barrel, not carbon wrapped
I will try to get a picture tomorrow
I’m just using the stock barrel, no carbon wrapped stuff here. Those look cool but they don’t seem to do much in the way of accuracy. I guess in my opinion carbon barrels are not a “bang for the buck” upgrade.

robtattoo

WKR
Thanks!
Plain carbon was "backordered" when I bought mine to & I believe I had it in about 8 days from ordering.
Their turnaround, so far, has been incredibly quick.
The carbon is glossy & slick. You'll want some type of texture for sure. Originally, I used some little textures rubber dot stickers I found on Amazon that worked great, but the more I looked at them, the more I hated them.....
20240106_202052.jpg
I ended up stripping it & masking off the grip area & forearm & used several heavy coats of Krylon stone textured paint (the really chunky stuff) I over sprayed that, along with the rest in a fine texture paint, then my camo colors.
Now, it's pretty damn grippy.

ElPollo

WKR
Thanks!
Plain carbon was "backordered" when I bought mine to & I believe I had it in about 8 days from ordering.
Their turnaround, so far, has been incredibly quick.
The carbon is glossy & slick. You'll want some type of texture for sure. Originally, I used some little textures rubber dot stickers I found on Amazon that worked great, but the more I looked at them, the more I hated them.....
View attachment 688206
I ended up stripping it & masking off the grip area & forearm & used several heavy coats of Krylon stone textured paint (the really chunky stuff) I over sprayed that, along with the rest in a fine texture paint, then my camo colors.
Now, it's pretty damn grippy.
I used the Herculiner spray on truck bed liner for the grip and forearm areas and then sponge painted the whole stock camo with Krylon. Super easy.

Wrongside

WKR

Thanks.

A buddy had one of their early production stocks. Other than really tight inletting, it seemed nice enough. Im happy shooting traditional spotter grips or vertical- really don’t care either way- but the grip on these seemed setup in such a way that it felt like a bit of a reach to the trigger.

Has Stockys updated the design on these at all?

Sled

WKR

Thanks.

I posted my thoughts on this somewhere else. Mine was a painted version that lacked finish work. I returned it and stockeys stood behind their product. The replacement was bare carbon vertical grip and looked great.

I got the sendaro profile and have had carbon barrels in it as well as a b2 and d18. I did put a factory sporter in it but it was not to my liking.