Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I ordered a Benchmark 6mm barrel using the code. This seemed like a great deal. Thank you. This is my first step towards my Tikka 6 CM.
Thinking about the #4 contour but unsure whether I'll be able to chop it to 20" since it's fluted. Any idea how far the flutes go?

-J

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Thinking about the #4 contour but unsure whether I'll be able to chop it to 20" since it's fluted. Any idea how far the flutes go?

-J
Flutes start 7" from the shank and finish 5" from the muzzle on the 28" blank marked as 24” fluted.

Last edited:

Tahoe1305

WKR
Flutes start 7" from the shank and finish 5" from the muzzle on the 28" blank.
@Stockys . But on the ones that are listed as 24” finish with flutes. I have to assume the flutes are a few inches back from there.

Or are you saying they end at 23” based on the above.

I ordered unfluted. I plan to chop to 18 or 20. I'm not real familiar with the #4 contour but trust the Wind Gypsy from the previous page.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
Those benchmark barrels are a great deal with the coupon code. I would be ordering one, if I wasn't trying to save for another suppressor.

West2East

FNG
You can use bondo, moldable beads, etc. This is what I will be trying next-

Do you think this will stick well to the stock without overlaying CF and resin? I think I'm gonna try this to build out the grip on a HS Precision Sporter. I watched the vids online and it seems like it will bond but I'm wondering about the long term strength of it.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Do you think this will stick well to the stock without overlaying CF and resin? I think I'm gonna try this to build out the grip on a HS Precision Sporter. I watched the vids online and it seems like it will bond but I'm wondering about the long term strength of it.

I can not say 100%, but my supposition is that it will.

TX_Diver

WKR

Really hoping someone tries this soon. I have a muzzeloader that has an approximately 19" reach to the trigger by the feel of it...

It's all sanded down but I haven't decided if I want to try this stuff or just use bondo and put a layer of fiberglass over it...

lelliott8

FNG
Bought one with the discount code. Looking forward to replacing my factory stock with the cheek riser added

Eleven

FNG
it stuck great to the plastic of my RAR. It’s very light and pretty easy to trim/shape with a rasp or sand paper. built the grip up, shaped it until it was comfortable and then painted.IMG_0057.jpeg

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I installed 2 spartan gunsmith adapters 1 ~ 2” in front of the bottom metal and 1 in front of the sling stud
No issues and that’s a 3/4” hole. I used painters tape and taped the shoot out of the area I was going to drill and stepped up the hole size slowly to avoid cracking.
Not sure what it’s filled with but it comes out in ribbons and not dust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you happen to have a photo of how you use that spartan directly in front of the bottom metal? Curious to try this out...

amassi

WKR
Do you happen to have a photo of how you use that spartan directly in front of the bottom metal? Curious to try this out...

cfe9e33bb224dcad7510a6504b1b443b.jpg

00e3e64bca5429aadacbe45a4afe08eb.jpg

a8f402d14ceb6df29cd41e5f2fb978e9.jpg

This one’s a touch farther forward than I like but you get the gist.
That black Ovid tripod is silly light but functions fine for me to shoot and glass off of.
The little spartan arca adapter I also have on a full height tripod and trigger sticks for shooting near the truck/ side by side.
For me it is superior to the much more expensive davros since I can lock it, davros I could never get tight enough to lock.
The gunsmith adapter is flush enough you don’t even know it’s there re: hand carrying.
It also doesn’t have any negative impact when shooting off a pack.

atmat

WKR

That black Ovid tripod is silly light but functions fine for me to shoot and glass off of.
The little spartan arca adapter I also have on a full height tripod and trigger sticks for shooting near the truck/ side by side.
For me it is superior to the much more expensive davros since I can lock it, davros I could never get tight enough to lock.
The gunsmith adapter is flush enough you don’t even know it’s there re: hand carrying.

This looks slick. Can I get a side view to see exactly how much the flush mount sticks out?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR

That's slick! Thank you.