Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

JEWAN

FNG
Things to consider.
Accuracey- Does this stock improve this? I imagine you will check this. you may haveto bed the action
LIght weight stability- Often light weight rifles are extremely difucult to shoot accurately . specially in the field
Cool factor- this stock definatley rates high on the "cool factor" if you miss you will still look cool.

Gila

WKR
Received mine and it fits like a glove….awesome stock! And I appreciate the military discount also!

amassi

WKR
This looks slick. Can I get a side view to see exactly how much the flush mount sticks out?

3ccd9b5899de98b42083ba29c4b7e0e1.jpg

These have some protrusions but you can run the bit deeper and get them really flush if you want
I left them proud so I can find them by feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the clearance with a factory barrel and the factory sporter barrel channel stock? Is it worth going with a larger option or is it free floated well?

amassi

WKR
It’s snug
Only about the thickness of a 3x5 card
I’d size up

Gila

WKR
How is the clearance with a factory barrel and the factory sporter barrel channel stock? Is it worth going with a larger option or is it free floated well?
The sporter option fits well in the barrel channel. I use heavy copier paper and it floats up to the same point as the factory stock. I like the recoil lug pocket. It is snug but only needed a little thumb pressure and I could feel it bottom out. Good time to ask what the action screw torque should be? I did factory at 35 in/lbs but that seems a bit low.

The sporter option fits well in the barrel channel. I use heavy copier paper and it floats up to the same point as the factory stock. I like the recoil lug pocket. It is snug but only needed a little thumb pressure and I could feel it bottom out. Good time to ask what the action screw torque should be? I did factory at 35 in/lbs but that seems a bit low.
Multiple people have been able to do 60 in/lbs without trouble. However I had a screw pull through and had to build some small spacers to prevent it from happening again.

Gila

WKR
Multiple people have been able to do 60 in/lbs without trouble. However I had a screw pull through and had to build some small spacers to prevent it from happening again.
Where did the screw pull through? I have aluminum bottom metal…

leclairk

FNG
Anyone have issues with your trigger after installing a new bottom metal? Installed a High Desert and if I torque over 45lbs the trigger fires when I close the bolt? Very strange. Only thing I can think of is torquing too much is somehow stressing the action and trigger. I’ve run the OEM plastic for 250+ rounds and never had any problems with the trigger.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Anyone have issues with your trigger after installing a new bottom metal? Installed a High Desert and if I torque over 45lbs the trigger fires when I close the bolt? Very strange. Only thing I can think of is torquing too much is somehow stressing the action and trigger. I’ve run the OEM plastic for 250+ rounds and never had any problems with the trigger.
Yes I’ve had this a few times and it’s disconcerting. Have been meaning to ask the hive mind about it. Assumed it was an inletting issue that improves with wear over time, as I’ve always been able to re-tighten after it’s been used a bit. But curious to hear other thoughts.

-J

fwafwow

WKR
Yes I’ve had this a few times and it’s disconcerting. Have been meaning to ask the hive mind about it. Assumed it was an inletting issue that improves with wear over time, as I’ve always been able to re-tighten after it’s been used a bit. But curious to hear other thoughts.

-J
This seems pretty material. I have on my list new High Desert BM for my Tikka and am very interested.

atmat

WKR
This seems pretty material. I have on my list new High Desert BM for my Tikka and am very interested.
I’ve torqued my factory bottom plastic to 60+ so many times on several different Tikkas and never had an issue. The bottom plastic is king. There’s no good reason to replace it in my mind.

I did hear stories of the screw pulling through, so I’ve got an extra sitting around in the garage in case that ever happens. But it would have to occur at a statistically significant rate to cause me concern.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I’ve used I think it’s 8 of the high desert bottom metals now. Torqued as high as 65 inch lbs, degreased with blue loktite. This is what Sako used to use on their metal variants I think it has since lowered a bit on torque spec. They spec 35-40 for the plastic tikkas.

amassi

WKR

Your rear action screw likely is protruding too far pushing up on the cocking piece which releases it.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Your rear action screw likely is protruding too far pushing up on the cocking piece which releases it.

Yeah, problem seemed to go away when I used the included shims from high desert. Guessing that provided more clearance to the cocking piece.

-J

leclairk

FNG

That would make sense why it only happens when I torque it down more, causes the screw to protrude more. I will try some of the shims to see if it helps. I’m in the process of bedding the action and once I’m done I’ll report back. Thanks for the tip!