Stock painting? Duracoat on top of Aluma-Hyde?

SDHNTR

WKR
Aluma Hyde is cheaper and easier to use. Duracoat is more durable. Was thinking of painting the colors with AH, and then once fully dry and cured, spraying over the top with a satin clear Duracoat for durability. Anyone ever done this? Any reaction from the different paint types?

Montucky

WKR
I did this exact process with AH from Brownells. Turned out killer on my little short barreled 30-06. It’s stressful but just go for. Obviously stock prep is the most important before the spray can comes out

SamsonMan22

Lil-Rokslider
I have done a few one the exact way you are thinking and no issues. Another I did AH for the base then krylon webbing over that and duracoat clear on top no issues there either. It was a good durable finish on both, I did another with duracoat base and a duracoat clear over that and I saw no difference in wear and durability among the 3.

Beaverdog

FNG
Go to an auto paint store or Amazon and get a 2k matte clear. It’s a two part resin paint in an aerosol that cures rock hard. Very durable finish that solvents and cleaners won’t hurt.