Stock Options For Tikka

Hey guys, just picked up a Tikka 270WSM at a pawn shop for a great price, just couldnt resist! It shoots well, getting .8" with my first set of reloads but am confident I can tighten that up. I am playing with the idea of replacing the stock, my question is for any of you who have put a B&C Medalist on your Tikka's, are you happy with them and what is the additional weight of the B&C stock vs the factory stock?

OP
P
Thanks, that's a great looking set-up and stock, does this follow the same stock lines as the factory stock? I like the thinner neck on the factory stock...my only complaint with the B&C is being a little to clubbish.

ST52v

WKR
I have only shot mine once since I put the B&C stock on it. I do like it and can feel a difference between it and my father in laws tikka. ( same exact gun ) There are several options and it would depend on what you want. I don 't mind the extra weight of the B&C it tames the 7 mag a little . I picked up mine from red hawk rifles . You can also look at the Tikka performance center. They make several https://tikkaperformance.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=163&product_id=56297
dudeva9e.jpg
I like this one. I think it comes with the good recoil lug as well.

ST52v

WKR
From what I understand they are currently working on several other models including some that are real light. Spend some time on that site and read the reviews and questions ect .

OP
P
Thanks, great information, I am very interested to see what they may have in a lite weight stock.

gethuntin

WKR
Going off memory but I thought it was 3 or 6 ounce difference. I like mine only complaint is the palm swell seems a little big if you concentrate on your trigger pull. I have. Laminate stock and it has a better feel and better cheek weld. Boyd's gun stock have them for a reasonable price. Sometimes they need a little fitting though.

Take a look at this MDT LSS chassis, I have not pulled the trigger yet but am very interested in a lightweight chassis concept that gives me the option of many collapsable AR stocks or even a folding stock option from ACE. A small fraction of the price of something like an Eberlestock. These look like a great option for the price and weight of 1.6 lbs....without buttstock but some of those are really light.
http://mdttac.com/lss-chassis-for-tikka-t3-sa.html

OP
P
Even better, hadn't thought of a tactical style stock but that's tempting as well. I am now leaning a little to the manners but did email the tikka performance folks to see what they may have coming. I will let everyone know if I get any details. Thanks again guys, appreciate all the ideas...I will never make up my mind now!

Dammlm

FNG
I believe it does follow the original lines. It has a very classic but streamlined feel to it. No flex at all. They can paint it like they did mine or they have a semi textured finish.

KINGSNAKE

WKR
If your gonna get a BC stock i would be sure to get one with spider webbing. I got a freedom green stock witch is just a painted stock and it was very slick. I had to add non skid tape to give it some traciton. Something i dont think i should have to do on a stock in that price range.

OP
P
Great, thanks for the heads up, if I went the B&C route I was going to get the all black...I did touch base with the Tikka shop today, they said they are looking to make very lite possibly carbon fiber option that is 6 months out, maybe longer, sounds interesting.