Stiffer western hunting boots on a budget

Not looking for a unicorn. Something fairly stiff for less than 300

Check out the Asolos. They are very stiff very affordable on Sierra clearance right now and if they don’t fit you can return them (not the case with used/ebay obviously). There’s another thread about them if you search.

Spence14

WKR
I love the Salomon 4d 3 GTX and they are normally 230. I have seen a pair or two on the classifieds as well.

kickemall

WKR
I just ordered myself a pair of these. Couldnt find a bad review anywhere. Didnt go with the Gortex as I think it becomes useless after a year anyway. Plus it just makes em hot.
If you're a first time customer you get a 15% discount code too. (had the wife order)

Goretex will make boots a little warmer but in a quality boot its definitely not useless after a year. Best of luck with your purchase those are solid boots.

twall13

WKR
Not much below $300 but you can pick up the Lowa Tibets from Shoebuy.com for 25% off right now. That's a great boot if it fits your foot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

quent

Lil-Rokslider
Well a solid boot for cheap that's bullet proof and is fairly lighter compared to some of the European boot companies is the Danner crater rim. It's a $300 boot but its American made. A cheaper route is the Danner combat hiker. The crater rim was based on the combat hiker that was made for US army troops in Afghanistan. You can find them on Ebay for real cheap. It's a 6" boot and they have a version called the improved combat hiker or ICH that's a 7" boot. For being a being a surplus boot it's solid and well made and typical American made danner quality. I have the standard 6" and the improved 7" version and I love them. I used them over seas and use them now. I've had lowa tibets, lowa rangers, and miendls and I will pick the danner combat hiker/crater rims over those. I have a pair of zamberlan outfitters that I love but those are for more rough and rugged terrain. Honestly check out the danner combat hikers. For the price you can't beat them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

maverick2

FNG
I've had GREAT luck with La Sportiva's "Glacier" boot. (Go to Glacier's website and search under their "mountaineering boots" and you'll find them.) I'm extremely hard on footwear, and the Glacier is all I buy now for the past 12 yers -- usually have 2 pair at any given time and they serve as my work boots, hunting boots, and general run around footwear. List price is around $290, but I've always been able to find them for $225 - $250. If they fit your foot, they are pretty hard to beat.

I’ve really enjoyed the Kuiu R-Evolution for $279. I have over 30 days of use with them and they’ve held up better than any boot at a similar point. Also have some Crispi boots and I love those things as well.

Lowke01

Lil-Rokslider
Scarpa Kinesis Pro GTX. You can get this boot as low as $230 at times. Great boot. I've had mine for 2 years, getting better with time. I'm pushing around 160 miles with at least half being off trail and I can barely see the wear.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
I use Solomon boots made for mountain climbing.

Mine were $120 on sale but are now discontinued. I'm sure there are other options though. I understand being on a budget very well.