Stiff Shank Office Shoe

Bulldog2nine

Lil-Rokslider
Fellas,

I am looking for a pair of stiff soles office boots or shoes. Preferably leather to go with chinos. I have a pair of la sportiva cubes but obviously they are not something I could wear in the office. I like the lowa Tibets but I don’t think I could pull off the rand in the office.

My reasoning is that I have an old turf toe injury that has turned into hallux rigidus in my big toe and I am putting off the joint fusion surgery as long as possible. With severe decrease of motion, stiff soled shoes and boots are the most comfortable and irritate it my toe the least. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Bulldog

JDZ

WKR
I'd like to hear other's suggestions, too.

I wear the Asolo TPS 535. It's brown, no waterproof membrane. Asolo don't fit my feet the best, but for office work, they're fine.

I actually wore my Kenetrek Mountain Extreme to the office with khakis for about 6 months after I injured my toe/metatarsal. The rand looks funny in the office, but my feet are more important than what somebody else thinks.

Not sure if it is helpful but I have a bit of plantar fasciitis. I find dress shoes with a raised heel to be painful. I have found a few brands that I can get away with in the office and walking around town that work for me. Flat soles that look dressy. Echo is one. Johnston and Murphy too.