Stealth Project Suppressor

Hondo64d

Lil-Rokslider
Finally got my Stealth Project Recon direct thread .30 cal (now called bolt) out of jail after a 14 month wait for the BATF to approve my form 4. This is my first suppressor so I can’t make any direct comparisons to their competitors. After firing it on my 24” 6.5 Creedmoor and 20” .22 GT, what I can tell you based on my observations is...

-It is no ear-pro quiet, so quiet that I never want to shoot without it again.
-It reduces recoil significantly over an unbraked rifle, nearly as much as my VG6 muzzle brake.
-POI shift with vs without was minimal, only .1 mil.
-It is very light weight.
-Workmanship seems top notch.
-It cools down very fast. With my chamber chiller, in seconds.
-Wrench flats make disassembly for cleaning easy.

Seems like a great product to me and I look forward to its continued use.

John

880-D5-B5-C-F619-4991-8-BA0-10-BA93-E8-C747.jpg

OP
H

Hondo64d

Lil-Rokslider
Still no criticism so far. You’re right about not much being said about them. Can’t figure why. Seems to be a good product to me. Shot this 10 shot group with mine from my .22GT, if that’s any indication of performance.

John

8-F65284-E-78-F3-4283-9181-BC899-E0-AF4-A5.jpg

Steelruger22

Lil-Rokslider
Still no criticism so far. You’re right about not much being said about them. Can’t figure why. Seems to be a good product to me. Shot this 10 shot group with mine from my .22GT, if that’s any indication of performance.

John

8-F65284-E-78-F3-4283-9181-BC899-E0-AF4-A5.jpg
Very nice. What was the weapon and range?

Steelruger22

Lil-Rokslider
Have you noticed any difference in the first round "pop" when compared to subsequent rounds? If i try a stealth project it would be for a hunting application and I would like to minimize the first round pop

OP
H

Hondo64d

Lil-Rokslider
Have you noticed any difference in the first round "pop" when compared to subsequent rounds? If i try a stealth project it would be for a hunting application and I would like to minimize the first round pop
I haven’t noticed that the first round sounds significantly different than subsequent rounds. I can say that the above group was shot from a cold barrel, no difference in POI from the first round to the last, if that matters.

John

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Is that even a thing on bolt action rifles? Or any rifle that isn’t being rapid fired? I sure havnt noticed it on any of my bolt action guns (rimfire and center fire) I have noticed it on semi auto 22s though (never shot or saw shot a semi auto center fire with a silencer).

MasonfromWi

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had one of these suppressors for a few years now and have ran it in an AR15, AR10 and a Rem 700 6.5 PRC with great results in all of them. I actually went to the shop at Mike’s, owner of the company, house where they were being made at the time and he walked me through the process of how they are made and his theories as to why his are superior to other designs. Long story short I purchased one and am very happy with this decision.

Unckebob

WKR
Finally got my Stealth Project Recon direct thread .30 cal (now called bolt) out of jail after a 14 month wait for the BATF to approve my form 4. This is my first suppressor so I can’t make any direct comparisons to their competitors. After firing it on my 24” 6.5 Creedmoor and 20” .22 GT, what I can tell you based on my observations is...

-It is no ear-pro quiet, so quiet that I never want to shoot without it again.
-It reduces recoil significantly over an unbraked rifle, nearly as much as my VG6 muzzle brake.
-POI shift with vs without was minimal, only .1 mil.
-It is very light weight.
-Workmanship seems top notch.
-It cools down very fast. With my chamber chiller, in seconds.
-Wrench flats make disassembly for cleaning easy.

Seems like a great product to me and I look forward to its continued use.

John

880-D5-B5-C-F619-4991-8-BA0-10-BA93-E8-C747.jpg

As someone who wears a hearing aid, my only criticism is wear hearing even it it is hearing safe. Once you lose hearing, you rarely can get it back.