Stealth Cam AVI Video Format and IOS

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
I have owner the Browning trail cameras for a few years and never have had an issue with them. Recently I picked up a couple of Refurbed Stealth Cams to try out. I set them up initially for images and they worked fine. They seemed to zoom in further than I wanted but that's besides the point. I switched them over to video to try that out and when I went back to pull the cards I ran in to an issue. I have an iPhone. The cameras produce an AVI video format which IOS doesn't read. After doing a little reading around it sounds like I have to use an AVI viewer app or use the stealth cam card reader or little viewer. Both of the stealth cam options sound like they have terrible reviews. My laptop won't read this format without a special app either.
So how in the hell am I supposed to view my videos? I tried the app route and it is cumbersome. I am not impressed with this issue and honestly feel like Stealth Cams are complete garbage if there is no easy solution for this.

Any help is appreciated!

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
Stealthcam and Wildgame Innovations cams both record in .avi. My phone won't read either of them. I have to card swap and view them later or carry a mini windows based laptop with me when I check my cams.

Also, my Stealthcams don't display the time/date or anything on the screen when in video mode, which is incredibly annoying as it makes it hard to track animal movements.

maverick

Lil-Rokslider
Try downloading the VLC or MX player app and using that to view your videos.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Chris F

FNG
I had the same problems ya'll did (avi's don't view on the iphone and date/time don't show on video). As mentioned above, a third party video player like VLC will play the avi's on a desktop. VLC also makes a mobile app (which I haven't tried). I bought a cheap SD card reader for the phone and at some point, my phone started viewing the avi's just fine. I'm not sure what I did (but most things apple are a mystery to me).

My workaround for date/time of the video files is to "right click" on the file on my desktop (windows) and select "properties" which gives me a dialogue box with the date/time taken.