Stalking shoes or other ways to stay quit

HookUp

WKR
Considering adding Rimrock stalkers or Carlton cat paws to my gear bag. I did the wool sock thing last year i'll never do that again.
We have no shortage of sticky pokie things in the eastern washington desert that go right through socks. Much less the socks look like a porcupine made of grass heads and burrs. Anyone have any experience with any stalker products?

Yeah, I have a homemade version of the old "Bears feet".....and I have those Carlton sneaky feet....which is essentially a chunk of felt- like they use in a pack boot, with straps sewn on so you can adjust them over your boots. I really like these. They are quiet but you can't feel the ground as well as in your socks.

EDIT- for those that haven't seen the BF- they are a polar fleece slipper type thing that can either velcro over your boots or you can wear over your socks. I made some that I put a shoe insole in [I'm a puss when it comes to stepping on rocks in sock feet!] with a short lace to hold them on. Super easy to customize some to fit with as much padding as you want. Sewing a felt cutout sole to some fabric is easy peasy. A better version might be to use Saddlecloth with the felt instead of the polar fleece I used as they won't pick up every sticker.

Last edited:
Back