Stainless Screws for Talley's

Can anyone tell me if they know a source for stainless screws for Talley Lightweight mounts? I hate dealing with rust on the factory screws and want to change out the cap screws. Talley is sending me some stainless screws for the bases. They said they have chromed screws for the caps, but that they weren't stainless. I figured someone on here might know a good source.

r7s

FNG
I would take a sample into a Industrial/contractor supply fastener shop, like "Fastenal" and see if they can set you up.

Terrapin

WKR
Be very careful with SS fasteners on scope rings. The most common SS fastener is made of 18-8 SS. They have a tensile strength of 70,000 psi compared the 170,000 for alloy steel. If I were having issues with corrosion I would go with an ultra-corrosion resistant coated alloy fastener (magna-coat). They are about $9/25 from McMaster Carr.

WRM

WKR
Get in touch with Cameron at

http://murphyprecision.com/

I think he has them. Cameron made me a titanium Picatinny mount for a Kimber Mountain Ascent based off my measurements because he didn't yet have a long action version of the mount for Kimber. He nailed it first try. Good guy with quality stuff.

GKPrice

Banned
Be very careful with SS fasteners on scope rings. The most common SS fastener is made of 18-8 SS. They have a tensile strength of 70,000 psi compared the 170,000 for alloy steel. If I were having issues with corrosion I would go with an ultra-corrosion resistant coated alloy fastener (magna-coat). They are about $9/25 from McMaster Carr.

I would pay attention to what Terrapin is saying, it "translates" to: SS screws will snap off much more easily (been there, done that) With TORX screws it's recommended to put a drop of oil on each anyway