• Quattro Vulcan Pro

• Spider Tracker

• TAP DOA

• Cutter

• AAE Mountain Series

Results are only viewable after voting.

M1KL83

FNG
Looking to add stabilizers to my Hoyt 29.5 ATA.
Plan to go with 10&8 as I'm often enough in a groundblind. 8° qd front mount and Shrewd Atlas on rear.

The current list I've widdled down to is below (Weight of 10+8" without their end weights, going by published stats and or speaking with the company).

Quattro Vulcan Pro 8.45 oz
Spider Tracker 6.3 oz
TAP 5.79 oz
Cutter 4.65 oz
AAE Mountain Series 4.6 oz

Does anyone care to share their good or bad experiences with any of these stabilizers?

Do you prefer internal dampening or external or both like the AAE?

I don't doubt that all of the above are great and will serve the purpose exceedingly well but before ordering them up to me in Canada..why not put it out to the Rokslide community to get your tried, tested and true feedback.

Many thanks,

M1KL83

CB4

WKR
I have the Spider pack from SandS, 10" & 8". I like them. However I am interested in trying the Beestinger Microhex counter slide. I would sell you my setup if interested PM me.

Absolutely no complaints about their performance.

Attachments

• Bow.jpeg
    Bow.jpeg
    713 KB · Views: 58
OP
M

M1KL83

FNG
I have the Spider pack from SandS, 10" & 8". I like them. However I am interested in trying the Beestinger Microhex counter slide. I would sell you my setup if interested PM me.

Absolutely no complaints about their performance.
Thank you I will definitely keep that in mind!
The Microhex Counterslide is very intriguing to me...I really wish one of the local retailers carried them so I could try it on.
Even the dovetail version that adds a little weight over the static mounted one, is lighter than any front and back stab combo I have listed above once you include mount(s).
If I could find a 15" microhex counterslide with dovetail somewhere in Canada I would give it try myself.

Reactions: CB4

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
FWIW I hunted a ground blind a lot last year with a 12 + disconnect and had no issues with clearance. Im 6'1" with a 30' draw too. Arrow before drawing was a bigger issue than the stab.

V-TRAIN

WKR
as long as the stabilizer is not longer than the arrow when not drawn, I don't see how it can be a issue.
I have never had a problem with a 15" and been using that for years.

you might want to consider the conquest archery micro 450 stabilizers also, they are really small diameter (less wind resistance) and really light also, their 15" bar is only 2.9 oz

V-TRAIN

WKR
I have been using a micro hex 20" target bar and running it as a counter slide and love it for hunting.
I am going to get a conquest 450 in 24" and run it in the counter slide bracket, it will be longer and lighter.
I took my 15" and 10" conquest 450 bars, screwed them together, and then put them in the bracket to see if it will work with no vibe, after shimming it to fit, to test out and it was fine. the 24'' is 3.7oz and my 20" micro hex is 4.2oz. so it is 4" longer and 5 oz lighter, kind of crazy.

benellim2

FNG
I have a cutter 15" and 12" on my Prime Nexus. Super happy with the quality cutter puts into their stabilizers. Would buy them again.
20210529_205858.jpg
20210529_205744.jpg

Attachments

• 20210605_183030.jpg
    20210605_183030.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210529_205744.jpg
    20210529_205744.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 38
OP
M

M1KL83

FNG
Thanks all for the contributions!
I ended up finding the AAE Mountain Series in a warehouse here in Canada and for a sale price I couldn't pass up.
12" front with 8° quick disconnect and 8" back bar in the Atlas.
So far so good in my limited testing. I'm very pleased with how they've balanced things out and tightened up my groups at 60.
Thanks again to all you good folks in the Rokslide community 👍

Go with Firenock Aerostab Hollow Titanium extension. The 9" weighs 2.05oz. look at their QD components too, they weigh nothing, and you can adjust the angle to whatever you want, they are infinitely adjustable, and cost less than the big-name stabilizer brands. the 9" hollow Titanium extension is $79.99. You do have to buy every part separate but it's still less money, smaller profile (10MM tube), less weight, and more adjustable.

Check it out: