stabilizer and fall away rest suggestions

backcountryguy

Lil-Rokslider
I am working on setting up a new bow. Hoyt Defiant 34 29inch draw at 70lbs. Its been 4 years since I have upgraded so I feel a little behind on whats new. I've already purchased a tight spot quiver and I will be sticking with my Black Gold single pin slider. so my main questions are what stabilizer does everyone recommend and what fall away rest. I currently have a fuse carbon blade stabilizer looks to be about 9 inches long (not sure didn't measure it) I also have an older QAD fall away rest. Is there something better out there cause If so Id like to upgrade those two areas. look forward to everyones feedback. thanks in advance.

OR Archer

WKR
Im a big fan of the Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro. I prefer a limb driven rest and the TT is the best option in my opinion.

As far as a stabilizer I really like the products from B Stinger, Doinker, and Spyder Archery. I prefer one in the 10-12" length. You'll have to figure out how much weight up front works for you though. If your shop allows it try out a bunch of different ones.

Has anyone seen the new hamskea hunting hybrid? I am a TT smackdown pro guy myself but might have to check the Hamskea out.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I run a 10" B-stinger Xtreme and the QAD HDx. I haven't had much luck with limb driven rests except on my 60lb bow. Don't know if it's the long draw length combined with the extra draw weight or what, but they just don't seem to want to keep working very well. The QAD has been flawless so far.

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
I prefer the limb driven rest in the Trophy Taker Smack Down Pro. Well built from quality components, IMO. Allowed for good flexibility to select/construct my arrows to maximize FOC and flight consistency as I wanted. The micro-adjustability was a dream when I went to tune in my broadheads. Customer service is exceptional as well.....I stripped (being lazy and not getting correct tool)out the hex nut that secures the cable and when I contacted them about where to get replacement they just sent me new one, and a back up.

Bee stinger 8" for stab. I just had to shoot different models to find what I liked.

BSeals71

WKR
Another vote for the Trophy Taker Smack Down Pro arrow rest.

I like my B Stinger stabilizer. Doinker is also good.

StrutNut

Lil-Rokslider
B-Stinger for stab. I love it! I use a Ripcord Code Red. I also really like the reliability even in sub zero temps. I have shot this rest in -20F without an issue. Its also very quiet. The -20F shot was standing in the snow in pure white at a herd of deer at less than 15 yards. They had no clue I was there. I was able to draw back when the first one was at 20 yards behind a tree. I held my draw for over a minute until the one I wanted gave me the right shot.
Here is the stab and rest on my rig with an early season buck a few years back.

191.jpg

FURMAN

WKR
I have a 12"(also playing with 10") Bee Stinger and the HDX. I tried a Limb Driver but it is just too noisy when letting down.

I run a 10" B-stinger Xtreme and the QAD HDx. I haven't had much luck with limb driven rests except on my 60lb bow. Don't know if it's the long draw length combined with the extra draw weight or what, but they just don't seem to want to keep working very well. The QAD has been flawless so far.

Second B-Stinger and QAD Rest.

This is what I run. Also an 8" side bar. have a tight spot as well

Luked

WKR
When I shot for a shop here and was shooting a hoyt I had a carbon Spyker turbo. We always found that the hoyt bows setup easier with a TT smack down pro I have used bee stinger stabilizers for the last 5 years and love them. I normally use a 10" front bar and 8" back bar