Springfield waypoint issue ejecting brass

Has anyone seen this before? I’m having issues with little slivers of bass jamming up the ejector pin. It only happens after firing the round. If you load a round and then unload it without firing there are no marks or slivers. If you fire it leaves an obvious imprint and shavings. IMG_4316.jpegIMG_4305.jpeg

6.5 prc. Hornady eldx 143 gr

OP
H
Yes factory ammo. It’s brand new. I started noticing it about 15 rounds in. Put 40 through it so far.

Tullis94

WKR
Something is causing excessive pressure. It could be the lot of ammo or something wrong with the barrel. I would try to look inside the barrel and chamber with a borescope. If you can't see anything try a different factory ammo. If the new ammo doesn't show pressure then you know it is the hornanfy ammo. If the new brand of ammunition does show pressure you know it is the barrel or chamber.

Ejector mark. I wouldn't fire another round. Could be a carbon ring or just simply loaded to hot for your particular chamber or barrel.

It probably isn't, but every now and then a bad lot happens. On the other hand, factory chambers, particularly for prcs, get cut too tight pretty often. The specs on prc chambers are way tighter than the older cartridges, some gun makers are struggling to hit the spec.