Springfield Waypoint 6.5 prc gun and company problems

It's unfortunate that they've botched their handling of the issues with that caliber so badly. I've got several Kimber Montanas that I bought due to how much I liked the first one.

I really like my 6 Creed Waypoint, but can't say I'm game to try many others due to their obvious customer service issues.

I can say i've owned a waypoint in 6.5 PRC for a about 12 hours after reading this thread! I bought my 6.5 PRC this past Saturday afternoon and returned it the next afternoon after getting it home and running into the same hard feeding and failure to eject problems so many of you guys have had. The next morning I started searching the web and found this thread and my new gun high was quickly gone. I tried all of the magazine tweaks, cleaned everything and re-oiled the action multiple times to no avail. I really didn't want to go down the rabbit hole with Springfield after reading all of the frustrating commits about their CS.The shop I bought the gun from had two 6.5 PRC's on the wall and I was hoping mine was the lemon, not the case though. Neither rifles could get a round out of the receiver. I showed them all of these commits and they refunded my money and will send both back to Springfield. I really liked this rifle so I'm pretty bummed Springfield hasn't owned up to a obvious flaw in there waypoint lineup. Now i'm back on the hunt for a new 6.5 PRC.
I own a couple of Coopers one in 6.5 Creed and the other in 6.5 PRC. These are niche rifles and while they are fine guns, their cost has gone out of sight. If I were to purchase a 6.5 PRC tomorrow with 2K (cost of a Waypoint +-) I'd spend that money on a Seekins.

I own a couple of Coopers one in 6.5 Creed and the other in 6.5 PRC. These are niche rifles and while they are fine guns, their cost has gone out of sight. If I were to purchase a 6.5 PRC tomorrow with 2K (cost of a Waypoint +-) I'd spend that money on a Seekins.
Some dude at the match I shot this weekend had the chassis seekins in 6.5prc. Sweet rifle. He let me shoot it and I really liked it. He was kicking himself mid match though. I've never seen anyone shoot PRS with a 6.5prc. I think he was more used to NRL Hunter matches. But good for him for using what he had.

Back