Springfield Armory Waypoint 2020 Pre Review.

Has anyone seen one of these unicorns with the regular barrel? Not sure I want the carbon fiber.

Has anyone heard if new calibers would be offered by shot show? I think I'd take one in 7mm rem if they made it. Wish it had a hinged floor plate style magazine. Hate the ones that stick out like this

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard if new calibers would be offered by shot show? I think I'd take one in 7mm rem if they made it. Wish it had a hinged floor plate style magazine. Hate the ones that stick out like this

I called their customer service with the exact same question and they said to touch back in early 2022 and that they do not anticipate releasing anything before then. I too am hoping for some bigger calibers I would prefer a 300 win or WSM but would also look at a big 7.

Do you think it will carry well? Want one for woods hunting on the east coast with possibly shots across fields.
Absolutely carries well. I used this rifle both in Colorado for a antelope hunt and also for our Indiana Whitetail. You’ll enjoy this rifle!

I really want this rifle with a stainless barrel. I am considering this or a sako 85 finnlight st. The good thing a out the way point is that its very accurate it looks like and probably will have less barrel whip than the sako but I love the looks of the stainless sako and I can get it in 7mm. Going to try to wait it out and see what Springfield releases next year. I am considering the stainless in 6.5prc for a whitetail/mule deer rifle.

Anyone heard any updates on the waypoint 2020 or should we call it the 2022 in 6.5 prc? I’ve had mine on order since a few days after they released them and I’m losing my patience 🤪

I'd be happy just to find one in .308....
That’s exactly what I’m looking for. I reached out to Springfield last week and have gotten no response.

Edit. They got back today, nice. Sadly the only thing they could suggest was call to the companies on their dealer list.

Last edited:
Great information! I recently bought a Springfield Waypoint 2020, chambered in 308 Winchester with the carbon fiber wrapped/stainless 20" barell option. I like the lightweight package but I expected more from the trigger. Really interested in your thoughts on the trigger.

I just snagged Springfield Waypoint in 6.5 PRC on GunBroker. I’ve been watching GB for about 6 months and it seems like there are more Waypoints available (especially in 6.5 CM) and the prices are coming back in line with reality.

Sweet let us know how it shoots and what you think of it overall! Did you get the carbon or steel barrel?

Can’t complain about that group!!! Local shop got one in creedmoor but I’m holding out for the PRC

Back