Spring Guided Hunt for One

Hoeger

FNG
Has anyone done a spring Guided bear hunt by themselves? My turkey buddy won't be able to hunt this coming spring so I'm looking to try something new. I'm thinking I would do a guided bear hunt since I don't have bear hunting experience. Is it weird to go through an outfitter solo? I'm guessing they would put me in with some other people but not sure.

Any suggestions for outfitters or what to try is appreciated.

Lori C.

FNG
Classified Approved
Has anyone done a spring Guided bear hunt by themselves? My turkey buddy won't be able to hunt this coming spring so I'm looking to try something new. I'm thinking I would do a guided bear hunt since I don't have bear hunting experience. Is it weird to go through an outfitter solo? I'm guessing they would put me in with some other people but not sure.

Any suggestions for outfitters or what to try is appreciated.
That’s what I’m gonna do. I researched and found a small outfitter, called him up and off I’m going. It did feel a bit strange since I’m an FNGal…but I really want a rug.

MoeFaux

FNG
I'm doing the same. I just don't have anyone who shares the interest, so I found Freak Horn Guide Service on bookyourhunt.com and started making plans! I don't think there's anything weird about flying solo. You do you!

I may even wind up on a 2x1 with another outcast, depending on how the outfitter's schedule fills up. Either way, sounds like an adventure.

mgmicky

FNG
2 buddies and I were planning a bear hunt in Canada and they both backed out. I wondered the same thing—how is this going to work out being solo? It was great and I’m glad I went. There was another solo guy and 2 other father son groups. The guides dropped us all to different baited areas, then we all meet back at the cabin and eat a late dinner after the hunt. I shot this big boy with my longbow and wood arrow. Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_0803.jpeg
    IMG_0803.jpeg
    454.6 KB · Views: 20

Lori C.

FNG
Classified Approved
That is awesome! I’m taking my Pops with me. He hasn’t ever shot a bear either. It’ll just be the two of us. A memory that I’m sure I’ll always cherish.

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
I did that this past season. A friend was supposed to go, he backed out. I still went. There were two other hunters in camp and that was fine. Most likely, if someone has booked the same type of hunt as you, y’all likely have enough in common to kill time together around a campfire for a couple hours a day for a week.