Spotting your shots

Dave0317

WKR
This is one area that’s actually easier to learn at longer distances. I find it significantly easier to spot my own shots at 400+ yards rather than anything closer. (Particular with .308 or heavier) The longer flight time once you get out that far allows you to get your sight picture back in time to see the impact. Get stable and check your natural point of aim. If NPOA is right, the sights can’t help but settle back in that spot.
All of that gets quite a bit harder from kneeling or standing with a tripod.

Inside of 300 (where I have high degree of confidence in a first round hit) I’m not really trying to spot much, I’m racking the bolt and if I get a glimpse of target reaction or thrown dirt, great, but racking the bolt and being ready to make second hit would be my first priority.

Tell

FNG
Shoot2HuntU
A quality muzzle brake goes a long way. They let you stay in the scope and track your impacts much better
I’ve found that a good muzzle brake doesn’t help keep me from blinking. A louder bang usually makes me blink even if it’s somebody else shooting. Having a suppressor has helped me. I still blink though

I’ve found that a good muzzle brake doesn’t help keep me from blinking. A louder bang usually makes me blink even if it’s somebody else shooting. Having a suppressor has helped me. I still blink though
If that’s the case then ya a suppressor would definitely be better. If the sound itself is the main issue a brake won’t be of much good- if anything a brake with big ports will make it louder and may do the opposite