Spotting Scope?

cktraider

FNG
Completely clueless on these but in need of something a little stronger than my Vortex 18X56 UHD binoculars for whitetail hunting in west Texas. I use the binoculars for finding them but would like to get something I can get more detailed view of the antlers etc from 500-800 ish yards. May occasionally go out farther than that but mostly that range.

Cover is on the thinner side up where I hunt (elevation/bowl 100-300ft) shooting below in lite to medium cover. Rocky

Not worried on weight more size to fit in my small backpack, I only walk a mile or less usually.

I have the Spartan Hoplite Mini Tripod so I will be lower to the ground, Usually laying on the ground or sitting in a crazy creek ground chair.

Will only be using a couple times a year so unless the lower end stuff is just complete garbage not looking for anything super high end. I can hold off and save up $$ if needed just seems the top end stuff is overkill for what I need?

Used something off Ebay or just buy the Leupold

SX-2 ALPINE HD 20-60X60MM ANGLED looks like it's under $400.​

Yall steered my right on scopes w/ the Maven RS1.2 2-5-15 so appreciate any insight.

I see @gr8fuldoug gets tagged in most of these threads as well

I habe the vortex diamondback spotting scope. I bought it when it first came out for $600. Not worth it. I think you can get them for half that maybe even cheaper. Spend the money and get a better one it'll pay off

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk

Hnthrdr

WKR
Honest opinion of spotting scopes, cheap ones are basically unusable/ useless. Mid level are okay but usually lack clarity at top end magnification, which is usually why you need the spotter in the first place. I think there are some solid performers in the 1000-1500 range. Spend less than that and you will be looking to upgrade it pretty quickly.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks

JO.

Lil-Rokslider
Decide if you’ll use a spotting scope. If it’s something you’re going to get a lot of use out of then spend the money. When buying cheaper scopes your magnifying the shortcomings of cheaper glass 40-60x. That reveals a lot more than a 10x cheap bino.

I started with a cheap spotter and was never real happy with it. After buying two better scopes the difference is very notable. And since they chimed in, Cameraland got me the best deal on my Vortex Razor and Meopta S2.