Spotting scope

Corbin99

FNG
I’m looking for a new compact spotter. I’ve looked at the Maven S2 11-27x56. I’m just not sure if 27 is high enough for every situation. Any other spotters that you guys would recommend?

Mag_7s

WKR
Big thumbs down for the Vortex Razor 13-33x50. I'm not sure how that thing is in their Razor line. The eye piece for me is the limiting factor.

crich

WKR
Hard to answer your question without more context. 27 is definitely not adequate for every possible situation. However, it might be good enough for every situation that YOU might need it for.

X10 on the Kowa. Theyre awesome

Bluefish

WKR
I have a kowa and I found that it had a much more clear image even at lower power. I had a cheap bushnell that had up to 60x. The kowa with a fixed 27 (I think) was so much better. Easier to See at distance and a bigger field of view. Really opened my eyes up to how much better glass can be vs the cheap stuff. for the most part you get what you pay for.

OP
C

Corbin99

FNG
Hard to answer your question without more context. 27 is definitely not adequate for every possible situation. However, it might be good enough for every situation that YOU might need it for.

X10 on the Kowa. Theyre awesome
Another vote for Kowa. I've had a TSN-554 for five years now. It's never not in my pack.
I’ll need to take a closer look at Kowa. I currently have a leupold GR12-40x60 and I like the zoom range, size and weight but I can’t stand how hard it is to focus. It’s so stiff that the image is constantly shaking.