Spot VS Garmin Mini

Tcatt

FNG
I’ve done some research on both of these but what are your opinions on the two? Which do you guys prefer? The spot seems like it would be simple and to the point. Thanks for any advice!!

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I switched from the Spot to the Garmin after 3 consecutive years of increasing subscription costs. After 5 years now, i have yet to see Garmin increase my monthly bill. Still $12 per month, and happy to pay the overages in Sept and Oct. Also, love the new messenger app. One last benefit, for me anyway, is that it pairs to my watch and lets me read and send messages without taking the mini out of my lid. And since we are a Garmin dealer ill admit that i am bias, and also mention that they are on sale right now. Get the Mini 2, much better battery life.

jodafo

FNG
I used a spot for one season, it was basically useless. I just bought a zoleo and they're awesome. I was texting in a canyon from a very small clearing without a hitch. It uses the same network as the garmin I think.

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
Used the spot, switched to inreach and been happy with no complaints thus far. Never not been able to send/receive messages. I use the mini and mostly use it paired to my smartphone.

Zoleo wasnt an option when I got my inreach, but I hear allot of ex inreach users prefer the zoleo.

OP
Tcatt

Tcatt

FNG
Thanks for the replies! Definitely checking in to Zoleo.

bj00pb

FNG
I've used SPOT for a few years. I'm done with it and switching to Zoleo. 1 of my hunting partners who uses Inreach mini sends and receives messages quicker and with more reliability than my SPOT does..... as we're both side by side in a tent or around the campfire etc. I really like SPOTs design (although bigger) with the keypad on the face so I didn't have to take a phone if I didn't want, but the way it performed for me wasn't good at all. After a lot of research I decided on Zoleo over Inreach. Hopefully that will work for my situation, and do the things I'd like it to do. Price and plan was a big factor... this fall I'll see if I made the correct choice! Good luck

Ehiggins

WKR
I bought a ZOLEO last year. My buddies all have an inReach. Last year elk hunting they had several issues of messages not sending, being delayed, etc compared to no issues with the ZOLEO which was very easy to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZOLEO is awesome,,, replaced a broken inReach with it,, much quicker and simple to use,, never a issue with mine,, going on 3 years and I send a lot of messages and use it year round,,, ice fishing, hiking cutting wood, its with me almost every day.

hikenhunt

WKR
I switched from spot to inreach mini after the spot satelitte network went down while i was on a 3 day trip and was supposed to be checking in everyday. Have had the mini for several years now and its been great

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
I have an in reach and spot. I always use the spot as it has been 100% reliable and is simple. I can do everything I need with it. Two OK messages means I got an animal down.

The In Reach was complicated and the screen was to small.